Multiple upcoming events for a venue; Map View only shows 1

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Multiple upcoming events for a venue; Map View only shows 1

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bruce williams
    Participant

In the situation where there are multiple upcoming events scheduled for the same venue, “map view” only shows 1 event in the pop-up (it appears that it is the LAST event which is probably not the best choice). It would be preferable (if possible) to show all upcoming events for a single venue combined in one map pop-up. This would make it clear to the site visitor that there are multiple upcoming events for the location (not everyone bothers to scroll down the list of upcoming events below the map).

Thanks for developing great software!

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Bruce,

I’m happy to help you out here, and thanks for your kind words about our plugins! 🙂

That kind of change is totally possible! We actually have some guidance for making these kinds of changes in this thread (take a look at Barry’s suggestions), and in our Themer’s Guide here. Please check those resources out and let me know if you have any more specific questions about implementing.

Cheers,

Shelby 🙂

bruce williams
    Participant

Thanks for the response!

While I appreciate the link to the other thread regarding this issue, I would advocate that the default behavior of the map marker on the map view should be to show all events at a particular location and not just one (see attached screenshot). Note that I’m aware that the map view only shows map pointers for events listed on the current page even though more events at a later date may be defined for the venue.

If an example would help elucidate the issue, take a look at the upcoming events page on our website: https://www.reveresriders.org/events/. Notice that if you click the map marker for either Bedford, IN or Crawfordsville, IN, only one event is shown in the marker pop-up. However, there are TWO events for each of these locations. Worse, the marker pop-up shows not the event coming up first but the event coming up last!

If it is not deemed a priority to include all events for a particular location on the map marker pop-up, may I suggest that at least you show the event closest to the current date instead of showing the event furthest into the future?

Thanks!

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Bruce,

Thank you so much for your feedback. 🙂

We’d love to have this documented in a feature suggestion. You can submit this suggestion here, but you can also check out / up vote this similar suggestion here that may possibly serve a similar function to your request.

Please feel free to reach out in the future with questions or suggestions!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple upcoming events for a venue; Map View only shows 1’ is closed to new replies.