Multiple ticket types event ticket limit

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Multiple ticket types event ticket limit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brian

Hello,

I see you are able to setup multiple ticket types for an event at different price points and set the quantity of tickets available for each type, but are you able to offer different ticket types (prices) while maintaining a set max ticket quantity for the event regardless of ticket type? Or a different solution would be to offer ticket add ons?

My use case will be something like this:
    Event A has 20 spots
    Ticket A costs $20
    Ticket B costs $35 and comes with a t-shirt
    Ticket C costs $50 and comes with a t-shirt and bag

Is there a simple solution for this type of event?

George
    Participant

Hey Brian,

Thanks for reaching out! You summarized your question very well in what you wrote here:

are you able to offer different ticket types (prices) while maintaining a set max ticket quantity for the event regardless of ticket type?

I’m sorry to bear the news that no, at this time this sort of “global” ticket stock is something we’re still working on 🙁

But we are working on it, and hard – you are not the first customer to request this by any means, and this is one of the features we’re most excited – and urgently trying – to add to our tickets framework.

Sorry to disappoint, Brian! Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help with.

— George

Brian
    Participant

Hi George,

Thanks for the kudos & swift response. I went ahead and purchased the plugins and started some testing over the weekend. I really like what you guys have put together, seems to be amongst the best in this category for WordPress.

I may be getting out of the scope of the pre-sales forum, but to continue my original question, I came across this thread which seems to be a solution to accomplish exactly my goal. I know I originally asked for a simple solution, but I’m very comfortable with php & Drupal, just not so much WordPress. My question/concern is the thread referenced above is modifying one of the core plugin files, which has always been a big no-no in other environments? Is there a smarter/safer way to make such a modification and what are your teams thoughts on performing such a modification?

George
    Participant

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the kind words here, much appreciated – especially in the face of the comparatively bad news re: global stock.

As for your modification questions, the specific code to actually do that is indeed a bit “out-of-scope”, but I’m happy to help with as much else as possible here. For example, yes, there’s indeed a system for adding modifications to The Events Calendar that is a bit safer than other systems might be.

This system is covered in-depth here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Definitely give that a read-through and let me know if you any specific questions related to it. Between the plugin’s actions and filters, and its templating system here, you should be able to put something together which doesn’t actually even touch core plugin code itself – that’s the goal, anyways!

Best of luck with that – I’ll leave this thread open in case you have further questions 🙂

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple ticket types event ticket limit’ is closed to new replies.