Multiple Problems with Calendar Pro

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Multiple Problems with Calendar Pro

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    inkmouse2
    Participant

Hi!

I am entering events through my Community Events, and I am having several issues with Calendar Pro.

1. Some Recurring events are showing in the calendar as recurring and some are not. They show as recurring in my events listing, but all of the recurring dates are not showing up in the calendar.
    2. Events are showing up on the calendar in categories not selected.
    3. When an event is selected to view details, the map is not showing in the venue details. It is just showing as a gray box.

Thank you,
    Stacey

inkmouse2
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Stacey,

I would love to help you with that. After reading through your questions I am curious if you have any examples of #1 and #2? A specific date that an event should appear, but isn’t. Or a specific event that should be marked recurring, but is not. Same goes for a specific event that is appearing inthe wrong category.

For your last issue I think that is the result of a conflict between a plugin or your theme, and The Events Calendar. I also a couple of ideas on how to resolve this conflict. Have you seen our Themer’s Guide? I realize it’s a big guide and a bit daunting, but you can safely ignore everything under the Views & Templates heading, as I will walk you through that part. Following the  steps in the first part of the guide, create an override for:

/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/map.php

With that created, modify the last line. Replace it with this:

<div id="tribe-events-gmap-<?php $index ?>" style="<?php esc_attr_e( $style ) ?>"></div><!-- #tribe-events-gmap-<?php $index ?> -->

Then save that file and retest. Does the map area show now?

Cheers!

– Brook

inkmouse2
    Participant

Hi Brook!

I created the directory tribe-events/modules/map.php under my theme and replaced the last line as instructed, but the map still does not appear. I have the map area, as I did before, but it is only a gray box.

Also, looking closer at the issue with the categories and recurring events: after further testing, it seems to be something going on when the page is refreshed or loaded. Sometimes, everything will display as it should, sometimes the month comes up completely empty, other times recurring events are omitted, and still other times all events of the month show up instead of the just the category that was chosen. Things become worse when you start clicking to view the previous or next month. Sometimes I get something different each time I manually refresh the page. I tried using no-ajax in the menu items to see if that would help with no luck. I also tried enabling and disabling live ajax to see if that would have any affect…no luck.

I appreciate your help (-:
    Thank you!
    Stacey

Brook
    Participant

Thank you Stacey for getting back to me with the extra details.

First let’s talk about the map issue. Odds are very strong that replacing the last line with this instead will fix the current problem. Here is my latest attempt to fix things on your site:

<div id="tribe-events-gmap-0" style="<?php esc_attr_e( $style ) ?>"></div><!-- #tribe-events-gmap-0 -->

You are one of a handful of people I have seen with this issue. We are still trying to figure out what causes it. When investigating the code it is hard to see how something can be changing the index, which is what is happening on your site. If you have a few minutes of time, would you be able to try a conflict test? This guide walks you through how to test for a conflict, and then identify what is conflicting. If I know what is changing the index, I can try to acquire that same plugin or theme and work on creating a fix that we can integrate into future versions of the plugin. 🙂

Speaking of future versions, I really appreciate your isolating those issues better. Yesterday some of our quality assurance folks were running into similar bugs. When paging Next/Prev sometimes events that should not were loading, including ones from other categories. But, refreshing the pages causes everything to be fixed. We were able to isolate this and working on fixing it in an upcoming version Some fixes are being rolled out in 3.11, which we could see as early as next week. But it will not be fully fixed until the version after that.

For now, I do not believe any of these issues appear in version 3.10 of our plugin suite. The changes in 3.10.1 primarily affected two groups of users:
    – WordPress Multisite installations
    – Anyone who has not enabled Month View Caching and was seeing slow page loads
    If you had month view caching enabled, you might benefit from downgrading to 3.10 for the time being.

Does that all make sense? Do you have any questions or is there any way I can help?

– Brook

inkmouse2
    Participant

Hi Brook,

The code you provided fixed the map issue. Thanks!

I also tested for a conflict by setting my theme to 2013, disabling all plugins except the Events Calendar and its extensions, cleared the cache, and retested, but the issues with the calendar continued. If there is anything else I can do to help, let me know.

Thanks,
    Stacey

Brook
    Participant

You’re super welcome! I am happy that code fixed it. Thank you for trying to isolate the cause. Even though the precise source eluded us, every little bit of info does help. We will keep the experience you shared on hand while we investigate further. 🙂

If there is anything else I can do, let me know. Other wise I am marking this topic as awaiting a fix. We will patch the strange paging issues soon, and attempt to notify you when the release is imminent. Just updating your plugins will fix it.

Cheers!

– Brook

inkmouse2
    Participant

Hi Brook,

One last thing, do I have to revert my pro plugin and community events plugin back as well, or just the calendar plugin? Where might I find the downloads for 3.10? Thanks again for your help!

Stacey

inkmouse2
    Participant

Hi Brook,

Found one more issue. I have events that have been added through Community Events, and I have the status of those events set as pending in my settings, but the pending events are still showing in the calendar though they have not been approved.

Thanks,
    Stacey

inkmouse2
    Participant

Hi Brook,

Set everything back to v3.10 and everything including the issue of pending events showing in the calendar has been resolved. Will wait for future fix.

Thanks,
    Stacey

Leah

Hi there,

We wanted to check in here and update you on our progress. Although we weren’t able to address your issue in our upcoming release (3.11) we do still have it on our radar. Thank you for your patience while we continue working on a fix for the problem you reported. We will do our best to keep you posted when we have a solution in place. In the meantime, if you need help or find that the issue you reported here is no longer a problem, please feel free to start another thread.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
    Leah
    and the rest of The Events Calendar team

Geoff

Hey there! Just wanted to deliver the good news that The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO 3.11.1 shipped today and a fix for this issue was included in the release. Please feel free to update and thanks so much for your patience here while we figured this one out. We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we could fix it. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple Problems with Calendar Pro’ is closed to new replies.