multiple post types, translation and province search

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions multiple post types, translation and province search

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Smith

Hi,

I am considering using your events plugin to replace the current map on our site. I have a few questions about some functionality concerning post types and translation.

You can see our current map here: http://www.parkinson.ca/programs-near-you/

1. In addition to events, we also have local offices that we’d like to have appear on the map without having a calendar date associated with them. Is it possible to display these on the map along side events?

2. This question ties in with the first question. Is is possible to display multiple post types on the map and the other views? And would it be possible to toggle between showing all of them or one on its own?

3. Another feature we’d like is an ability to archive events so that they come off the map, but still be searchable for people to see past events.

4. How does your event work with the translation WMPL plugin?

5. Is it possible to search for all events within a wider jurisdiction, such as a state or province?

Thanks so much,

Michael Smith

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Thanks for considering our products. In regards to 1, this is not possible without doing some major customization. 2, same thing, possible but would require some major coding of our theme. 3, yes archiving is possible and we have an extension for this. 4, yes, we have a WPML extension for this as well. 5, Location search works for state as well or city. So if someone searches “New York” it will show all the events in New York.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Michael Smith

Thanks so much for the response. Since the first two options aren’t possible without custom development, we could probably combine our events and local offices into one post type, and use categories to differentiate between them. Any content differences could be done using templates based on the categories as well.

If I gave the local offices a date far in the future or past (say 20 or 50 years), would they still show on the map? So if someone filtered for Local Offices category, all dates, they would display?

Also, once I click into an event, is it possible to display the location map for that event?

Another question. Is it possible to get a trial version to test on a dev site? I want to set it up with some sample events to show some people here before asking for approval to purchase.

Thanks again,

Michael

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Technically yes, you could give them a far event date in the future.

Once you click on the event it will display only the map for that event. You would have to add custom code to get the main event map on a particular event.

We do not have a trial but we do offer a 30 day refund.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘multiple post types, translation and province search’ is closed to new replies.