Multiple instances of event get created in monthly view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Multiple instances of event get created in monthly view

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mary
    Participant

The event is Kofi’s Summer Solstice Intensive, Level 3-5

The workshop is from 6/22 – 6/26 at 10:00am – 12pm

For the calendar view I expect that only there is only 1 instance of the above 3-5 level from 6/22-6/26

Note, that is not what is happening. It seems to ignore that I said the event ends on 6/26. It repeats the event sequence 4 times – from 6/22 to 6/26 to 6/26-6/30.
    Yes, I can delete the extraneous instances but I can not expect non-technical individuals to understand what is going on.

I am assuming that I setting up the event incorrectly but it is not clear what to set so that I only get each workshop to show once each day i.e. 6/22-6/6.

I have included the image of the event setting for Level 1-3 workshop which displays the way I want to display in the calendar view. I had to delete the extraneous instances. Again this will not make sense to the non-technical to weed out the extra events.

mary
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Mary,

I would love to help you with this.

When you setup an event instance you are setting up how long that instance happens. If your event event goes from 10am – 12pm on the same day then you would want to set its end time to 12pm and set it to the same day. If your event goes from 10am one day – 12pm the next day, then you would set the end date to be a different day.

If you have a series of events all connected together, then you would set them up as an event with multiple instances or recurrences. As you just discovered set it to end on the same day, then set that event to repeat for the next 4 days.

I am sorry this is unintuitive to you but it is the only way this could work while still supporting events which actually span multiple days. Many events our customers setup are late night events that literally do go from 10pm one day to 5am the next. So our current setup is extremely flexible and supports all of these possibilities.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

mary
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple instances of event get created in monthly view’ is closed to new replies.