Multiple imports and Calendar Deletions

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Multiple imports and Calendar Deletions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    abqsangha
    Participant

Since I started using the event aggregator on our site, we have had several events populate repeatedly (e.g., on July 17, there are 63 instances of a single event).

Also, events are disappearing from the Google calendar very mysteriously. I put them up and they just go away.

Can you please suggest ANYTHING at all to remedy this issue?

This is our Google calendar:
    https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=aimcretreats%40gmail.com&ctz=America%2FDenver

This is the calendar page on our web site:
    http://abqinsight.org/events/2018-07/

You can see they don’t match, and I don’t understand the trouble…

Thank you in advance for your help!
    Cece

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by abqsangha. Reason: to add my name
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Cece,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I’m sorry to hear about the import issues. I can possibly help you with them.

events are disappearing from the Google calendar very mysteriously. I put them up and they just go away

This is beyond our control. Event Aggregator only has read access and it is not able to modify or delete any events from external calendars.

Do other people have access to the Google Calendar who might be deleting events?

In any case, probably a password change would be worth doing.

on July 17, there are 63 instances of a single event

I see. Does it look like that you get an extra event with every import?

You can try the following:

• Delete all those events from July 17 (they will be put on the ignored list)
    • Go to the Ignored list and remove them from there as well
    • Let the scheduled import run and import the event again
    • Check if the duplication still happens with the next scheduled imports

I see that you have set up your scheduled import to run every hour. It might be worth considering to reduce that to daily if you do not really need the event list to be updated every hour. This can save resources and can help forego any glitches.

Let me know if the above helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple imports and Calendar Deletions’ is closed to new replies.