Multiple import events duplicating

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Multiple import events duplicating

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Rickard
    Participant

I recently installed the Events Calendar Pro and the Events Aggregator for our church website. We are collecting the events through our Church management software (which creates a Google Calander). When I set it up it looked to be working fine but a few days later we now have multiple of the same events on the calendar. It appears to be re-importing the same event, over and over again.

adamsfarmchurch.com/events/

Besides deleting all the events and starting over again I am not sure what to do.

Thanks

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/multiple-duplicate-events-created-by-event-aggregator-from-google-calendar/

Cliff

Thomas, I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue.

We’ve heard of several customers experiencing the same, but we haven’t been able to replicate it and, therefore, at this time we need to collect as much information as possible.

Would you be able to provide an Administrator wp-admin access (in a Private Reply, which cannot be done via email replies) and a database dump?

We’d only view, not make changes, but we still always recommend having restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site or providing anyone (including us) access.

Thomas Rickard
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Hi, Thomas. I am sorry for not being in better communication with this issue.

Our Event Aggregator development team has been either been fully out (inconvenient timing, I know) or heavily loaded (unable to dig into this particular issue that you and 2 others have reported).

I, again, am very sorry for the long delay and hope to have a meaningful answer to you next week.

Cliff

Thanks for your patience.

After investigating another user’s database, it looks like duplicates were created by imports from September or earlier, which would line up with the fix we pushed out in September to address this bug.

We put together a plugin for you to try out in your staging environment (of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your production or staging site): https://cl.ly/3b3p0G0p2F2N

It should find all the duplicates, based on the imported iCal event’s UID. All you do is activate the plugin (again, in your staging/testing site first), and it’ll delete the duplicates in batches (so it doesn’t bring down your site). Then see if its deletions look legit. If yes, do the same to your actual production site.

Then, going forward, Event Aggregator should be able to pick up where you left off — for future events — including filling in any missing information (Event Description or otherwise).

===

An alternative method is to wipe out all events — especially if they were all created via EA import and none were created via manual entry in wp-admin — and then just let EA do its thing going forward, since our current code shouldn’t be creating duplicates (since September).

Please thoroughly review these options and get back to me with any thoughts, questions, or report back how things worked for you.

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple import events duplicating’ is closed to new replies.