Multiple events with same venue/organizer/event name

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Multiple events with same venue/organizer/event name

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Perry
    Participant

First I love your plug in.. I am not official web editor, but I own the site.

One thing I would like to see is a way to add multiple dates for the same event.

The way I use the calender is for local SCCA Events. The event name is the same for all the events as well as the venue and organizer. What I do is have to do each one individually. If you had an option under the “Event Date and Time” to add multiple dates for that event would be great. I sometimes have 13+ dates for the same club/venue/organizer. and I have to add a new event 13 times.

I am a paid Pro user.

Thanks for your great hard work to make things easier for us..

Website is “autox4u.com”

Perry Aidelbaum

[email protected]
    AutoX4u.com

Barry

Hi Perry: this is indeed one of the things PRO aims to accomplish with its recurring event functionality. It won’t cover every case, such as more arbitrary patterns – but where the same event takes place on a regular schedule (weekly, monthly etc) it ought to do the trick.

We are also refactoring our recurrence engine in a way that, potentially, will make it far easier to support even quite odd patterns.

Does that help at all / can we offer any pointers on making recurrence work for you?

Perry
    Participant

Thanks for the response. The events do not take place regularly, so I can’t define a custom pattern for them. I need to enter individual dates for each recurrence.

Barry

Ah, I see.

Well right now that isn’t directly supported (though with some care and depending on the nature of the pattern you may be able to generate most of the events, then selectively delete those that don’t fit – though this isn’t always possible).

Once we’ve completed our round of revisions to the recurrence code things like this will be more readily achievable (even if they are not immediately supported through the user interface) and in advance of that I would recommend posting your request over on UserVoice – until then I’m afraid you’d need to pretty much keep on doing as you are doing.

As there isn’t really much more we can offer at this time I’ll go ahead and close this thread.

Thanks again 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple events with same venue/organizer/event name’ is closed to new replies.