Multiple Events with Multiple Attendees

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Multiple Events with Multiple Attendees

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gtc888
    Participant

We have a business model where we offer multiple courses during a week of training at a given city. These are individual courses that a client may purchase. For example, I have Topic A, Topic B, Topic C, Topic D, and Topic E all in one week. Each is a day long course. Client A may decide to attend Topic A and Topic D only. This scenario is not a problem for us setting it up using both Events Calendar and Events Ticket.

The problem we are running into is when a client has multiple attendees for multiple courses and not everyone is attending all the courses. For example Client A has 3 employees and they want to register for the different courses offered. All employees need to attend Topic D. However, in addition to Topic D, the employees also need the following courses: Employee 1 also needs to register for Topic A and Topic B, Employee 2 needs to register for Topic A, Topic B, Topic C, while Employee 3 needs to register for all 5 courses.

It is very common that the HR or training department of a company will require that one person register for everyone to keep it all on the same invoice or billing. We currently do this type of registration system but as we are implementing Events Calendar/Tickets we are looking to see how we can get it done here. Any advice or help you can provide?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi gtc888,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the forums!

That is a great question you have there. I believe I can help you out with this.

The way I understand it the different topics can be the different events. So “Topic A” is a full day event, and so on.

With Event Tickets you can set up tickets for all of the events. So each event would have one ticket.

Then the person can go and add the required number of tickets in the basket and pay for them.

• 3 tickets for Topic A
    • 3 ticket for Topic B
    • 2 for Topic C
    • etc.

After purchase the person who made the purchase will receive an email with all the tickets included, so s/he will need to redistribute them. Unfortunately there is no option out of the box to be able to send tickets from one purchase to different users.

If you would like to collect extra information for the tickets, for example the attendee names, then you will need Event Tickets Plus.

Event Tickets and the built-in Tribe Commerce uses PayPal. If that does not work out for you you can also use WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads as the underlying eCommerce solution, for these however you will again need Event Tickets Plus.

I hope this answer your questions. If you have more, please, let me know and I’ll be happy to help you further.

Cheers,
    Andras

gtc888
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi gtc888,

Thanks for the detailed description and the screenshots. That is really helpful in understanding your current process.

What is possible at the moment is add more tickets and members of the same ticket to the basket at once. So you go to an event, select the number of tickets you need. Then fields will show up which you can fill out with the attendee details. Put that in your cart.

Then you need to go to the other event you want, select the number of tickets, add attendee info, add to cart.

Go to third event…

You can check that functionality here, go for the VIP ticket: https://wpshindig.com/event/event-tickets-plus-demo/

Out of the box this cannot be done any different way.

Of course with some customization this possibly can be improved or changed.

Eventually you will need to match different people and different number of people to different events and / or tickets. That will require some back-and-forth in most cases.

Does this help?

Cheers,
    Andras

gtc888
    Participant

Andras,

Thank you for confirming the limitations of the plug-ins. We will work on developing a solution that ties into the flow given that it is not acceptable for our clients to have to go back and forth and having to re-enter the same information multiple times. We have customers that could easily register a team for multiple events at once and this process will surely turn them away. Thank you again for your support, we will try to figure it out with custom code.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi gtc888,

Thanks for your feedback.

Although we are not able to accommodate your need at this moment I would be very happy to hear the details on how you imagine the above purchasing process, step-by-step.

This would give us a picture of your needs / of a purchasing scenario which we might take into account in future developments.

Apart from that, if you don’t have any further questions, then I would like to close this topic.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple Events with Multiple Attendees’ is closed to new replies.