Multiple events of the same kind + unable to delete event pictures

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Multiple events of the same kind + unable to delete event pictures

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Johannes Maier
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using the Facebook Events plugin to import new events from Facebook. It’s been working great for a while, but now I have a problem. The plugin started importing the same event over and over again. At some point I had over 40 events (of the same kind) listed on one day. How can I fix this? How can I get rid of those copied events?

Because of this, the plugin didn’t stop importing the same Facebook event image, over and over again, into my media library. Now I have 50+ copies of each image in my media library. I started to delete a few, but they won’t disappear. How can I get rid of all these Facebook events?

screenshot of media library

Yvonne Heimann
    Participant

Same Issue here. Why is it a multitude of events?

Johannes Maier
    Participant

@Support I’ve just deleted all fb events manually, because I had to clear my calendar. (Just in case you are checking my website)

For now I set new fb events to “pending” when imported. But I still would like to get some advice on how to prevent this to happen in the future.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

The issue of multiple events importing via Facebook Importer has been a bit of an elusive one for us. Many times we’re unable to recreate the issues. One thing that would help here though would be if you were able to supply a database dump which includes the duplicated events. If you would like, you can supple links to those as a private reply here or email them to support[at]theeventscalendar.com

Thanks!

Johannes Maier
    Participant

Hey Josh,

Thanks for getting back! I will see how it works in the next weeks, and if I come across the same problem, I will send you a copy of my database.

Thanks,
    Johannes

Josh
    Participant

Hey Johannes,

Awesome! Hopefully the issue doesn’t happen again but if it does we look forward to seeing the additional information.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple events of the same kind + unable to delete event pictures’ is closed to new replies.