Multiple calendars on single site

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Multiple calendars on single site

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Abhishek Jain

Hi,

I am currently using Events Calendar free plugin for our website http://globalresilience.northeastern.edu/
    I wanted to have 2 calendars, with one having specific category events while other will have all the events.
    I looked into multiple forums and support on your plugin page but it mostly says I can’t do it.
    Can you please suggest a way so that we can have 2 calendars at different pages. I would be interested in buying Pro version as well if that solves our purpose.

Waiting for your response as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Courtney

Hello Abhishek

The best way to do this with Events Calendar Pro is to use one of our shortcodes. Calendar View Shortcodes OR Widget Shortcodes

With these shortcode options, you can select which view you wqnt, and then filter down based upon the category or tag you would like to display. This is only available for Pro users.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Abhishek Jain

Thanks Courtney for quick response. I am going to purchase the Pro version now.

Courtney

Thanks Abhishek.

Do let us know if you have any further questions or issues.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Angie
    Participant

I purchased pro version as per the suggestion.
    I have one query regarding multi day event-
    Is it possible to have multi day event in which there is a span for consecutive days rather than having individual entries each day.

Courtney

Hiย Abhishek

That is certainly possible. When you are editing the start/end times for your event, you can select multiple days out.

multiple day same event

Does that help? ย Is there anything else I can answer?

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Angie
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for the reply. I am able to set multi day events but on the calendar it shows as an individual entry rather than having a continuous span. I have attached screen as a reference.

Also, I am using The Events Calendar Category Colors plugin to add color to particular category. Is there a way for these color category to work with shortcodes like [tribe_events] ?

Courtney

Hello Abhishek

Per Victor’s answer here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/have-multi-day-events-span-the-consecutive-days-rather-than-individual-entries/#post-1337157, we don’t have a way to display the event as a span on the front end at this time, but would certainly welcome your feedback on that suggestion.

We really don’t coordinate with our 3rd party plugin developers about integration of features. I’d suggest asking about the shortcode integration with colors at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/the-events-calendar-category-colors.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Abhishek Jain

Thanks a lot Courtney. This was really helpful.

I have one more question, is there a way to show only few selected categories”(more than one) on the main calendar?

I do not want to use option “Hide from Event listing” as I need to display all of them on the other calendar.

Thanks a lot

Courtney

Yes Abhishek

You are able to use a shortcode with multiple categories to do this.

[tribe_events view="list" categories="barbecue, chicken, lunch"]

See more about Events Calendar Pro‘s shortcode options at https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/.

Do you have any other questions I can help with?

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple calendars on single site’ is closed to new replies.