Multiple Calendars

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Multiple Calendars

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bruce Formhals

Is it possible to create more than one calendar?

Example one for Auctions and one for Events

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Bruce!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I’m sorry for a bit of delay in getting back to you. Let me help you with your question.

With Events Calendar PRO you can create different calendar views to show your events using the available shortcodes > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

However, The Events Calendar plugin only adds one custom post type for events, so you won’t have an independent backend to create events and auctions separately.

You do have the ability to add event categories to your events and then link to those specific categories of events. As an example, you can take a look at our demo site where you can navigate to the calendar showing the WP Meetup category and to the Tech Meetup category.

I hope that helps 🙂

Let me know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Bruce Formhals

Ok, yes I have created the 2 main categories Auctions and Car Shows. So if I understand I should have like an events tab in navigation then to sub navigation links to pages for Auction Calendar and the other Car Show Calendar. Then add the shortcode on each of those pages just for the filtered category and then there would basically be a separate calendar that would display ONLY those events.

however, even doing this they will both show up in my posts news feed which is OK and both would show up on the main events page which is OK.

Pro-Version is required? Correct?

I have also noticed a couple of theme style plugins on code canyon specifically for your calendar that help with shortcodes? Is there any recommendation here?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Bruce!

Thanks for following up with this.

It seems you are on the right track there.

If you want to add a link to your menu for a specific event category, you won’t actually need the shortcode. With The Events Calendar plugin, each category of events will have its own archive page which you can access with the URL like: yoursite.com/events/category/[category-slug]

The shortcodes available with Events Calendar PRO allow you to embed a calendar view of the events in any page or post of your site which will allow you to show it alongside the page/post content.

Additionally, PRO version includes the ability to embed calendar widgets via shortcodes > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/

You can learn more about the PRO version in https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-events-calendar-pro/

I have also noticed a couple of theme style plugins on code canyon specifically for your calendar that help with shortcodes? Is there any recommendation here?

I’m not really familiar with them. We know there are some plugins/themes out there that allow further customization of our plugins, but they are not built or maintained by us so we can’t provide support or state any compatibility with them.

If you want to further customize our plugins, I’d suggest you take a look at our Themer’s Guide and other related articles too > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase-category/customizing/

I hope that helps 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple Calendars’ is closed to new replies.