Multiple calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Multiple calendar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Hello,

I this read under “Ï suggest you ” section : One way you can achieve this without filtering is by adding links to each category via the WordPress menu page. That way users can navigate to different category calendars with one click

http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/4099836-multiple-calendars-allow-for-each-category-to-hav

If I do this and I want to use filters and sub-categories, won’t each calendar show ALL the categories? Or is there a way to limit it to only the categories connected to this calendar?

Thanks,

Cindy

Barry

Hi Cindy,

It looks like you are using Filter Bar which does add a bit of a twist on things. The basic idea behind the advice you noted is that you can craft links to specific categories, such as:

example.com/events/category/some-category

Users following that link, which you might position in the main navigation menu, will then only see events in that category.

However, though this is generally a great and easy way to do things, nothing stops visitors from navigating to a different category or from seeing all categories – some more extensive customizations would be needed to impose real “locks”.

If as you seem to be doing you are using Filter Bar then, again – without any customizations to stop them from doing so, it is certainly easy for visitors to de-select that category.

All in all, the advice provided is a straightforward and practical way to split what is truly a single calendar into what appear to be separate calendars, however if a greater degree of separation is needed this approach may not be ideal.

I hope that clarifies things 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple calendar’ is closed to new replies.