Multiple Calendar Pro on multiple pages

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Multiple Calendar Pro on multiple pages

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

OK Gang.
    I see on previous posts that you can only view on Calendar on the Events page, with the events slug.

Now, I still want to put up multiple calendars on multiple pages.
    Is there any way to purchase multiple Calendar Pro versions and then load that into a WordPress page…??

Mike

George
    Participant

Hey Mike,

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, even if you were to buy multiple Events Calendar Pro licenses, you would only be able to have the calendar at one location.

Sorry to disappoint!
    George

Michael
    Participant

Hi George,
    OK, I understand how the slugs work and the “events” page.

Now if I am able to make a new directory,
    Example: one calendar is on gotraces.com/events

Another calendar is on Gotraces.com/Results/events
    With Results being a separate WP site and separate license… I would then be able to link back and forth to have two calendars.. Yes, maybe, no?

Do you think we will run into issues…..?
    Mike

George
    Participant

Hey Mike,

Thanks for reaching out—and apologies for the slightly delayed response!

I’m sorry to keep bearing bad news here, but even the sort of configuration you describe would not be possible with our plugins; buying separate licenses doesn’t change this, unfortunately. 🙁

Sorry, Mike! Please let me know if there are any other questions I can try to help with.

Sincerely,
    George

Michael
    Participant

Hi George.
    Thanks for letting me know.

What I am attempting to do is the following
    A) A national database/calendar of events.
    B) Once the events have happened, then a results page is made for each of the same events. (Which is searchable in the past like a regular calendar) These events are recurring each year, so we don’t want to simply update the event with the results. And not all events will get results posted.

So, two avenues./
    1) Separate database and “Results” calendar.
    So, are there some set parameters you can share that identify how one might run multiple calendars.

So far.
    A) You cannot run multiple calendars on same site
    B) You cannot run multiple calendars by using different directories.

So, is it a database issue with mysqul?
    The next level is to establish another sub domain under the master domain
    Does that separate them enough? Or, do I need to go to a completely different main domain?

2)
    Can you think of a simple way to use the existing calendar – to do this. (issue is the event will be called by the same name…..and the info page for each one will have pertinent info for the race that the event director wants to keep in for the next year.
    i.e
    Thanks for your thoughtful replies and patience.
    Mike

George
    Participant

Hi Michael,

The limitations of our plugin’s only allowing one calendar is not so much a database-imposed limitation; the limitation arises from the structure of the plugin, in which the main events feed page (most often just “/events”) is generated by way of a class in our code called WP_Router.

This class makes the /events page an endpoint—NOT an actual page. It’s accessible by URL at yoursite.com/events, of course, but when this URL is loaded, it does not go to a page. It initiates a series of queries that load and render the main events view.

This is all focused one feed endpoint URL. So to offer up a separate location of this on your site, you would have to do extensive, idiosyncratic re-writing of the plugins.

We unfortunately cannot help with such customizations, but I hope this information helps. If you would like to hire a professional developer to help you implement the changes you listed above, then one thing that might help is that we have a list of great developers here → http://m.tri.be/18k1. We have no affiliation with any of these folks–they’re simply some well-respected names in the community that we’ve compiled to share in situations like this one.

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple Calendar Pro on multiple pages’ is closed to new replies.