Multiple Audience Option

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Multiple Audience Option

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robyn

Will the Events Pro version work out of the box as it is seen on the UNC Chapel Hill site featured in your showcase?

I am looking for exactly that functionality for a school district who needs a universal calendar for the district but wishes to have the ability to show only events for each school when desired. Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey Robyn,

Their implementation of the plugin is heavily customized, so whatever you’re referring to will likely not work “out of the box” – however, are there any specific items you can point to that are the most appealing to you? Those might be “out-of-the-box” features or something and I’d love to help you figure out if The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro is the right tool for the job or not.

Thank you,
    George

Robyn

I am working on a WP site for a school district. The theme came with the Events Calendar, which I really like. They would like a calendar for each school (3 of them) for events and a separate calendar of each building (2 of them) to report use of facilities (when someone needs to reserve a room in the building). How UNC Chapel Hill is using the calendar seems perfect because one can just click on the applicable venue/audience and see just that calendar.

For ease of data entry, they would prefer one back-end. They also want a widget to show that day’s events say on the homepage. Even if the Pro would get us close, I think they would go for it.

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Sorry Robyn,

The single back-end feature is quite a complicated one and not one that is supported out-of-the-box 🙁

Showing events for a given day is a bit easier to pull off, though there isn’t a widget for that and so you’d still have to custom-code the solution for it.

It does sound like The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro can get you “close” to what you need, but perhaps not close enough – these features you mention would require a healthy amount of custom code. We don’t offer support for custom code but you can find a list of developers we often refer for The Events Calendar customizations here: https://theeventscalendar.com/find-a-customizer

If you’re interested, you could reach out to any of them and see if they can help you build features like this.

Sorry to disappoint Robyn! Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with 🙂

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple Audience Option’ is closed to new replies.