multi language support

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions multi language support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ron Mayer

Hi I asked a general question about this before. we have a website with both an english and portuguese section and we would like to have the events display either in portuguese or english maybe using a dropdown. Is there a recommended way to do this? I am not familiar at this point in time with translation software so I’d like some good basic instructions if that is possible? I really appreciate your time. I have events calendar pro already running on two of my sites, and this would be the third one.

Thanks so much,

Ron

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

In order to set up a multilingual website with The Events Calendar, you would need to activate a multilingual plugin, such as the well-established WPML plugin.

Here, you will find a guide to set up The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO with WPML.

I would also recommend reading these three Knowledgebase articles that cover how to translate our plugins specifically:

Please note that, while we strive to be compatible with WPML and invest considerably in this effort, we can not guarantee 100% compatibility (as is true of third party plugins generally). Some of our add-ons are not currently supported or compatible with WPML.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

templodoser
    Participant

Hi –

I’d like to clarify – I am using events calendar PRO – do I need WPML? I went to this page:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/adding-or-updating-a-translation/

I then clicked on “…go here anytime to create a free account” I get a 404 error.

Thanks,
    Ron

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

If you want both english and portuguese on your website, you would need WPML (or another multilingual plugin such as Polylang), because by default, WordPress does not support multilingual websites. Please note the difference between having a translated version of a plugin (having your calendar displayed exlusively in portuguese for instance) and a multilingual website (let your visitors choose between the portuguese and the english version of your calendar, for instance).

Thank you for the remark regarding that broken link in our Knowledgebase! We’re going to fix it.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

templodoser
    Participant

Thanks…still a little confused here. I have installed wpml. Both english and Portuguese languages are installed on site. Have installed Events Calendar Pro. How can I get the months and day names (ie Monday Tuesday etc.) to display in either English or Portuguese?

Thanks again

templodoser
    Participant

Never mind per above…I figured it out and thanks!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

I’m glad you figured out how to get the months and day names in both languages 🙂

I’m going to close this thread then, but feel free to create a new one if you have further questions or concerns!

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘multi language support’ is closed to new replies.