Mulitiple Event BUG

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Mulitiple Event BUG

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Wayken
    Participant

There is a major bug with adding multiple events by week. Input an event and add additional events weekly the system duplicates this for every event and stacks the events on the calendar effectively duplicating the event every week. Week 1, 1 event, week 2 , 2 events, and so on. HELP!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Michael!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you troubleshoot this issue.

Could you please share a link to your site where we can see the issue?

Also, please send us a screenshot of the recurring settings when in the edit event page so we can try to reproduce this on our end.

When creating the recurring event, could you please see if there are any console errors by inspecting the page? We have an article that explains how to do that here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-google-chrome-developer-tools/

Additionally, Please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try reproducing the issue a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Michael Wayken
    Participant

Hey Victor- This is a godaddy hosted WP site that we set up.

The site is northwestcruisecalendar.com . I found the issue.

The start/end date function does not override the add more events date. What happens is the following: when adding an end date in the start/end function you must keep the end and start dates the same if adding recurring event. You then need to change the series ends date to the correct date.

In the instance I show in the 2nd png file . The event will show up every day because the start/end date are what they should be.

In this instance I show in the first png file it works as reoccurring but I had to change the start/end date to the same day.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Michael!

Thanks for following up with this.

We didn’t receive the png files you refer to. Bear in mind you won’t be able to attach files replying via email.

I’m not sure I understand exactly the issue, but I think you are experiencing that because you are setting up an event that spans across multiple days and then creating recurrences for that same event, which they also span across multiple days.

Could you please confirm this? Please try sending over the screenshots so we can verify this.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Mulitiple Event BUG’ is closed to new replies.