Moving the tickets form and changing PDF

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Moving the tickets form and changing PDF

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Loving WooTickets so far, but have a couple of questions…

1. Currently, the tickets form displays at the very bottom of the event template. I need to change where this is called and display it higher up and can’t seem to find where the template is actually being included. Can you point me to the line of relevant code (or file) that actually brings the template in?

2. I need to change some of the layout on the PDF tickets and it looks like these are being created by this function: generate_attendees_PDF( $attendees) — but I can’t seem to find where this function lives. Any help you can offer would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi David!

1) I suspect this is the line of code (in the single.php template) that you are looking for:

if (function_exists('tribe_get_ticket_form') && tribe_get_ticket_form()) { tribe_get_ticket_form(); }

2. We don’t recommend making changes to core plugin code, however you can find this in the TribeEventsTickets class (which lives in the-events-calendar/lib/tickets/tribe-tickets.php).

david
    Participant

Great! I’m not sure how I missed the call in the single.php template. Thanks!

Are there plans to support customization of the PDF tickets without modifying core in the future?

Barry

Sort of, yeah. Quite a few people are showing interest in this and that’s been noted – it probably isn’t quite as high a priority as other feature requests, but it will hopefully come to fruition in the fullness of time.

Targeted Victory
    Participant

Barry, on the features request board, you said “While not straightforward, exactly, I believe it is possible to do this without modifying core plugin code. It definitely could and probably should be easier, though.” I’ve made my changes to he-events-calendar/lib/tickets/tribe-tickets.php at this point. We are using the plugin for a conference, so there are many different tickets available for the events. I needed to have the ticket name itself show up on the ticket, not just the event name. Is there a better way to do this? I also have a registration question, but I’ll start a new thread for that.

Btw, thanks for providing forum support this week!

Barry

I’m tempted to explore this and write it up on my own blog as a bit of extra-curricular work (because I’m a geek and I find this interesting).

What WooTickets does though is utilize the woocommerce_email_attachments hook. The basic approach I would take to enable deeper customization is to stop WooTickets’ own code from running at this point and substitute my own.

Unfortunately, I can’t get into more depth “officially” since we’ve got a limited amount of bandwidth for support activities and it would consume quite a lot of time.

Btw, thanks for providing forum support this week!

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Moving the tickets form and changing PDF’ is closed to new replies.