Moving from EDD to WooCommerce

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Moving from EDD to WooCommerce

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

We are changing carts from EDD to WooCommerce to add physical products to the mix. Technically I See that I can have tickets in EDD with WooCommerce enabled but I wanted to see if I could get some advice on exporting the tickets out of EDD and into WooCommerce. There are too many to do this manually at this point in time so we can see all sales in one cart.

George
    Participant

Hey @John,

Thanks for reaching out – this is unfortunately a bit tricky since “Tickets” generated by our WooCommerce Tickets add-on are tied to a specific object type within WooCommerce called WC_Product.

Easy Digital Downloads uses a whole separate way of doing things and thus so does our EDD Tickets add-on for it, and so there is unfortunately not a simple way to export and import this auto-magically like with, for example, WordPress’ built-in import and export tools that export content as XML files….

It unfortunately seems like the only way to really pull this off would be to write a custom PHP script that takes data from the WC_Product items specifically and inserts it per EDD’s models into the database. There is no such script that I know of at this time πŸ™

I”m really sorry about this @John!

With all that being said, I also wanted to address something you mentioned:

We are changing carts from EDD to WooCommerce to add physical products to the mix.

While your project and the decisions made about it are none of my business, I just wanted to clarify that WooCommerce supports physical products fully, out-of-the-box. An article online like this one is a good resource for learning more about this, just in case you were under the impression that physical products could not be sold with WooCommerce or something! β†’ http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/woocommerce-adding-physical-products-to-your-store–cms-21516

Just wanted to address that πŸ™‚

Thank you,
    George

John
    Participant

George,

Thanks for the comments. I am trying to go the other way from EDD to WOO but I get that this isn’t the easiest. Anyway Thanks for the reply!

George
    Participant

Thanks for the response @John – I’m sorry that this is the current state of things but wish you the best of luck with your project here I’ll close up this ticket for now, but if you think we can be of help with anything else come back and open a thread any time πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Moving from EDD to WooCommerce’ is closed to new replies.