Moving Events Cart Above Event Details

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Moving Events Cart Above Event Details

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Drake
    Participant

Hi!

I was hoping you could help my team and I move the event’s cart. We would like to move the cart above the events detail information in the left sidebar. This is for one of our client’s website’s— http://www.beckinstitute.org. I have been trying to move it all day, trying different function code snippets and trying to change the layout within the enfold child php file ( single-event.php ) but have had no luck. I was hoping you could provide some information or code that would allow us to customize the event left sidebar.

Thank you for your time!

– LevLane Advertising

Geoff

Hi Drake and welcome to the forums!

I’d love to help here — but first, can you confirm that the theme you’re using has customized versions of the calendar template? You can check that by opening up the theme folder and looking for a sub-folder called tribe-events.

The reason I ask is because the layout in the screenshots you provided looks much different than the default layout of the calendar that ships with The Events Calendar. Here’s an example of the default layout.

We do have a tutorial that provides a snippet for relocating the ticket for to other parts of the event:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-rsvp-ticket-forms/

That should work with a default layout, but I am not so sure with a custom layout. Hopefully the snippet works but, if not, then I would recommend reaching out to the theme author since they will be much more familiar with the code customizations and provide guidance for how to further customize them.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Drake
    Participant

Hi Geoff –

It looks like we have the standard / not a custom layout because we have a folder called “tribe-events”. I have tried those snippets of code hoping that they would work, but still no luck. What can I send your way to help us move the events cart above the event content?

Thank you for your time.

– LevLane Advertising

Geoff

Hi Drake, thanks for following up!

…because we have a folder called “tribe-events”.

That’s helpful because it actually means you are indeed using custom templates. In fact, if you notice in the screenshot you provided, there is a template in the folder called single-event.php which is a customized version of the template we are talking about.

My hunch is that the snippet in the tutorial I provided is not working because the theme is using a customized version of the calendar template.

For that reason, would you be willing to reach out to the theme developer? They will have a much better idea of what was customized in the templates and be able to help make additional modifications to move the ticket form to where you would like it to be displayed.

And, of course, I’m happy to leave this thread open in the meantime in case any questions come up in the process that I can help answer from our end. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Moving Events Cart Above Event Details’ is closed to new replies.