Help Desk

Move whole or part of venue section – single event display

We can see that the meta content resides in modules/meta and that it’s being pulled from there. We cannot, however, figure out where / how it’s being ordered! Which part of single-events.php handles the display of the venue (ie where it shows and the order in which the address, name and map appear?). Or what is it that controls where and how the venue information is displayed when it is shown on the single event display? We can’t find it despite going through the documentation and various files!
    Is it part of the single-events.php and if so can you help us spot it?!
    Many thanks!

Correct Answer

Good afternoon Sally and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

If you haven’t already done so, you might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Which part of single-events.php handles the display of the venue (ie where it shows and the order in which the address, name and map appear?)

To answer your more specific question, the order is established in the following file: /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/meta.php

If you change the sequence of how the different sections of the meta are called you will change the order in which they are displayed.

If you want to, you can even tweak things further by editing the content of each of these sections, e.g.:/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/meta/venue.php

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Thank you very much!

Good afternoon Sally,

I’m super stoked that this was helpful to you!

You are welcome back on our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.