Move Tribe Bar below Monthly Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Move Tribe Bar below Monthly Calendar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Melanie Adcock
    Participant

I have searched the forum and the read the Themer’s Guide. My client wants the Tribe Nav Bar below the calendar in the month view.
    I create the tribe-events folder in their theme folder (and created the corresponding needed sub folders src and views
    I removed the following from the month.php
    // Tribe Bar
    tribe_get_template_part( ‘modules/bar’ );

In the content.php file insides the src/views/month folder I added
    <?php tribe_get_template_part( ‘modules/bar’ );?>
    below the monthly calendar file before the closing div tag.

Not seeing any change what so ever… any suggestions. It is like it isn’t seeing the files in the tribe-events folder at all. Right now I am just using the regular version of the calendar and will upgrade them to pro once I have it approved. Am I missing something obvious?

Melanie

Geoff

Howdy Melanie, and welcome to the forums!

Good question. You can indeed move the bar below the calendar in Month View. In fact, here;s how you would do that:

• Make a copy of the month.php file. It’s located in /plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month.php
    • Make a new folder in your theme (or child theme) called tribe-events
    • Drop the copied month.php file in that folder

Now that the template is in your theme, you can change it to suit your needs. In this case, Move the code for the bar (lines 18-19 for me) after the main events content (lines 21-22 for me). Save that and the bar should be below the calendar.

Will that work for you? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Melanie Adcock
    Participant

That was the first thing I tried. Still not working.

Geoff

Oh weird! That seems to be working for me (screenshot). Are you saving the template override in the correct place? What happens if you temporarily replace the template in the plugin files with the edited one–making sure you back up the original and place it back when done testing?

Geoff

Melanie Adcock
    Participant

I was recreating the folder structure according to the directions so I had a scr and views folder and had the month.php folder inside the views folder.

Thanks.

Melanie

Geoff

My pleasure! Thanks again for getting in touch and feel free to hit us up if any other questions pop up. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Move Tribe Bar below Monthly Calendar’ is closed to new replies.