Most Recent Event Title is Replacing All Page Titles Throughout Entire Website

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Most Recent Event Title is Replacing All Page Titles Throughout Entire Website

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Talk Nerdy

Please go to http://96.31.94.33/

When Events Calendar Pro is activated, every single page title throughout the website is replaced by the most recent event title as well as the event description.

In addition to the issue described above, the events list does not work either. I can only see calendar view

NOTE: Both of these issues are resolved when I deactivate Events Calendar Pro. Page titles throughout site instantly return to normal when Pro is deactivated.

Calendar uses a custom page template called cal.php. Here is the php I’ve used in the custom page template:

This seems to work just fine. And “Event List” view works great when “Pro” is deactivated.
    NOTE: Custom page template for “News” section which is a custom post type, as well as index.php and single.php work just fine. It seems to only screw up pages using page.php.

I’m hoping I’ve made a rookie mistake and there is a simple solution. Please help, I’m getting a little desperate!

Thanks in advance!

L

Talk Nerdy

Update: Still Need Help

I have got the loop to work correctly when the Events Calendar Pro is activated. Events list works great.

The only issue I have, and it’s a massive one, is every page title throughout the site is still being replaced with the most recent event title and event description.

Thanks in advance!

L

Talk Nerdy

I take that back… the events list still does not work when Pro is activated.

L

Rob

Hi Lisa. Thanks for the note; sorry to hear you’re having issues. Is this still an issue? I just checked out the site you linked to and while it appears PRO is active, none of the pages are displaying the title of the latest event.

If it’s an issue still, it’d be awesome if you could point me to a page where I can check it out. Have you upgraded to 2.0.1 yet?

Talk Nerdy

Yes it is still an issue. The event title is on the cal pages, if you notice, I wanted a static title “Events Calendar” with the category title or event title after that.

Pro is active, you may have went to it while I was activating and deactivating. Go to any page on the website and the page title (which has nothing to do with the calendar) is replaced by the calendar’s most recent event.

Go to page: http://96.31.94.33/about-us/faqs/
    Notice the title of the page should be “FAQS” but it has been replaced with “club Closed” which is the most recent event title.

The events list does not work in pro either. But it does work when pro is deactivated.

Please help. Thanks.

L

Ryan
    Participant

Hi, I am having a similar issue. Here is a link. The most recent event is now the title of the entire calendar. Here is the link.
    http://www.citycentral.org/events/

I’m on WP 3.2.1 and installed the 2.0.1 version of both the Events Calendar and the Pro version that I paid for. Its still there whether I activate or de-activate Pro.

Rob

Since I am unable to recreate this on the default 2011 theme, it sounds like this may be specific to your installs. What happens if you deactivate your other plugins? It could be either a conflict with one of those, or an issue with the theme itself. (That last bit can be tested by reverting to the 2011 theme – no need to do so permanently, but I’ll need to check that to help diagnose. Thanks!

Talk Nerdy

I’ve identified the issue as being a multiple loops conflict.

I’ve used wp_reset_query(); at the end of the sidebar and this has fixed the issue with every page title being replaced with the most recent event title, however now I cannot see events in “Calendar” view. Also, paging through events does not work right in single, venue, or cal view. Something with the cal loop? Can I simply reset the loop within the default php files?

If so, can you be specific? PHP files within the “view” folder I assume, but where?

I’m dying out here.

Talk Nerdy

Important to note that I’m also using the calender view widget.

Thanks!

L

Rob

Thanks Lisa. I’m assuming you got the Calendar view working correct, right? I’m seeing it fine: http://cl.ly/0z422v3W3y0L1M0i1911. The display issue on the calendar grid view is a known one; we patched a fix for that in 2.0.1 (which I’m assuming you have updated to) and are continuing to patch it for 2.0.2, which should be out shortly here.

What do you mean by “paging through”? And you’re familiar with how to do a template override of the .php files, right? Let me know if not and I can point you in the right direction.

Talk Nerdy

My issue is multiple loops conflict. I’m working through it though, thanks.

Consider this resolved, since the issue is within my theme.

Great product. Super easy to use and customize once you figure out the override. I look forward to using pro on future projects.

Thanks!

L

Talk Nerdy

@Rob

Everything is working just fine. The fix actually couldn’t have been easier. I must have typed an extra content tag in page.php. I didn’t even think to check the most obvious source of the problem. Sorry about wasting your time.

@ryan

If you want a static page title on every calendar page, for example
    “Our Calendar”, then you will want to add that to the following php files:
    ecp-page-template.php and ecp-single-template.php – (note: you should probably move these files to your theme root. To do so, follow the instructions outlined in the head of these files.)

Place your new static page title within h1 tags right before the calendar loop begins.

Additionally, if you want to make even more h tag or div style changes, simply wrap tribe_events with your own div tags and style accordingly. Make sure to add any new styles to your own style sheets so they don’t get replaced with Pro updates.

Rob

Ah excellent to hear! Glad you were able to figure it out. If anything else arises feel free to give us a shout 🙂

Ryan: if you’re still having any issues after reading Lisa’s note let me know.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Most Recent Event Title is Replacing All Page Titles Throughout Entire Website’ is closed to new replies.