More questions around two calendars on one site

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO More questions around two calendars on one site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    icslowellcom
    Participant

So I have the events calendar Pro, which I love but am struggling with some functionality. I have a school website That I use events calendar Pro on, but I’d like to have two calendars, for example, one for events like those special things happening at school, things like that and the other for hot lunch menus. I think they get too busy if I had everything listed on one calendar so is this functionality possible if I bought another license when I get another calendar?

Barry

Hi – great question!

A license primarily exists to provide you with access to automated updates and support: it doesn’t add any further functionality.

Usually what we recommend in this scenario is simply using categories, which would allow you to categorize some events as school events and some as hot lunches (or whatever suits your circumstances) – and simply link directly to the relevant category views from your nav menu, ie:

• example.com/events/category/school/
    • example.com/events/category/hot-lunches/

Does that help?

icslowellcom
    Participant

So I created to event categories as you suggested hot lunches in school events and created a couple of events in the calendar and checked off what type of event they were. I guess I’m having trouble linking to the relevant category views from my nav menu can you expand on that show me the stepsap

Barry

Sure!

• Login to your WordPress dashboard
    • Visit Events > Categories and find the category you are interested in – hover over it and click on view
    • This should take you to the relevant category page: copy the URL
    • Return to the admin environment and visit Appearance > Menus
    • Edit the menu in question and add a custom link, pasting in the URL you just copied

Custom links in WordPress

Does that help?

icslowellcom
    Participant

thanks

Barry

Pleasure!

I’ll go ahead and close this thread – of course if we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. As an aside, if you have a moment and were able to leave a review we’d love to hear your thoughts on The Events Calendar 🙂

Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘More questions around two calendars on one site’ is closed to new replies.