Month/Calendar view changed! Why??

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Month/Calendar view changed! Why??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Shaun
    Participant

Hi,

For some reason, my month/calendar view display has completely changed, seemingly overnight.

It used to show the event information and then a nice tooltip when hovered over a date with an event. Now it’s just showing a dot on days there is an event, it doesn’t even link to the event.

https://thorntonandlowe.com/training/month/

I think this may be a mobile view but its nothing to do with screensize as it’s showing the same on a 27″ screen.

Can you please let me know how I get back to the old view?

Thanks in advance,

Shaun
    Participant

It’s disappointing not to have received a response to this yet!

So the site I posted above – https://thorntonandlowe.com/training/month/ – has only been live for 1 week.

I noticed that the calendar displays correctly on the dev site! https://thorntonandlowe.bid/training/month/

The live site is LITERALLY an exact clone of the dev site. The ONLY difference is the version of Event Calendar/Pro have been updated since going live. The live site (.com) was running the latest version while the dev site (.bid) is running 4.4.5 of both plugins.

So I’ve downgraded the live site to the same version, yet the issue still remains.

Can somebody please tell me why this is happening?

Cliff

Hi, Shaun.

Sorry for the delayed reply here. We try to always reply within 24-48 hours (USA business days), per our Scope of Support / Terms.

We’ve seen this issue — mobile month view displaying even on desktop sites — a few times before due to caching of all things.

I see from your System Information that you’re using Fresh Performance Cache plugin. I’m guessing this plugin isn’t activated on your dev site…

Please disable this plugin and see if that resolves it. If it does, you may need to setup an exception for the month view URLs, for which you’d need to contact the Fresh Performance Cache plugin’s support if you’re unsure how to do so.

Please let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Shaun
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for the response. You were indeed correct, disabling the cache plugin fixed it immediately.

I will speak to the theme developer but can you give me any particular reason why the page being cached should cause it to display the mobile version of the calendar?

Thanks again

Cliff

I’m glad to hear it was that simple.

Some caching plugins concatenate CSS in attempt to optimize page load.

Our month view has the mobile CSS delivered via a <link> tag with a media query attribute.

Therefore, a concatenation of all the CSS files into one would load the mobile stylesheet even for non-mobile browser widths.

I hope this helps you understand what’s happening. 🙂

Shaun
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation too, it makes perfect sense.

Hopefully I can get some sort of exception working but displaying correctly now is most important.

Cliff

You’re very welcome. Have a great rest of your week!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Month/Calendar view changed! Why??’ is closed to new replies.