Month View – events won't display until there is more than one event that month

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Month View – events won't display until there is more than one event that month

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Hello,

Im using the PRO version of the plugin. I love it, the client loves it, but I have run into a problem. If there is only one event in a month it won’t display in the month view, but it does appear in the list view. As soon as I add a second event (or more) to the month then all events display fine.

Ive tried applying the default 2014 theme, and also turning off all the other plugins. But I still see the same error. Do you know what the problem could be? Thank you!

George
    Participant

Hey James,

Hm, this is some odd behavior indeed, but there are a few possible sources of the problem that I can think of.

First, though it might seem unlikely to cause such problems, would be to simply update your version of WordPress – you’re at version 3.8.1 right now, so if you update to 4.1.1, that might make a difference here.

Also, does it matter when in the month you create a single event that it doesn’t improve? To clarify, for example, if you add one single event on the 1st day of a month with no other events, that month will not show up – but if you move that single event to, say, the 20th day of that month, does the behavior change at all? Or does it still require making a second event to get the month to show up?

Thanks!
    George

James
    Participant

Hi George,

Thanks for the reply. I have tested adding an event on the first, last, and middle of the month. It doesn’t make any difference. In all cases it only appears in the month view when I add another event.

I haven’t yet updated WP, that will take a little longer to do but we will try it. If you have any other suggestions please let me know!

Thanks

George
    Participant

Hey James,

Thanks for testing that – I think the best step, and most crucial one, is to first update WordPress core and see what happens, since I cannot recreate your exact issue here.

In the meantime, how do other calendar views behave with this? You mention the List View being okay, and the Month View having problems – what about Photo View, or Map View, Week View, Day View?

That might be interesting – I wonder if Month View is the only problematic view here?

Let us know what you find, and if you can update WordPress core!

Thanks for your patience James.

James
    Participant

Hi George,

Ive tested and the events are visible in ALL views except for the Month view. They also don’t appear in the mini-calendar that we’ve placed on the home page (its also using the mini month view).

We will upgrade the WP core and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks.

George
    Participant

Thanks for the update James, definitely keep us posted on how upgrading WordPress affects this (if at all)!

James
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey James,

We will investigate this further and try to recreate the behavior. Stay tuned!

James
    Participant

Hi George,

Any insights for us? We’d love to get this resolved asap.

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey James,

I’m sorry for the delayed response time here!

I have so far failed to produce these problems – I’m curious, can you clarify exactly what you mean by your comment above that reads like this:

I have tested adding an event on the first, last, and middle of the month. It doesn’t make any difference. In all cases it only appears in the month view when I add another event.

The emphasis on the last sentence there is mine – what do you mean by this? You say adding events in the first / last / middle of the month did not help, unless you add another event. I realized just now that I’m not 100% certain what you mean by this description of things, there may something of value here.

Thanks,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Month View – events won't display until there is more than one event that month’ is closed to new replies.