Month View: All events have same permalink in tooltip using [[=raw permalink]]

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Month View: All events have same permalink in tooltip using [[=raw permalink]]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Marcial
    Participant

Hi,

Since I updated to latest versions of Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro, in month view:

– Link from every event title works ok.
    – Popup appears ok in each event
    – Personalized link from title in tooltip.php link to first event on calendar for all of events in month.

In tooltip.php, i changed this original line

[[=raw title]]

for

[[=raw title]]

Before updating Events Calendar it works fine:

Can anyone help me, please?

Regards.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Marcial,

Thanks for reaching out!

Sorry to hear about this. If I understand correctly you have some customization / template override in place.

We are aware of a bug, where the same post object is used for all events in the month. Our developers will be taking a look at this.

Meanwhile I might be able to provide a workaround.

Not quite sure how your override exactly looks like so I will give you an example.

If you would want to print out the ID of every event in the calendar view you would normally do:

echo $post->ID

Because of the bug that would give you the post ID of the first event.

If you do a declaration like

$post_id = $post->ID;

at the top of the-events-calendar/src/views/month/single-event.php

(or rather the template override file)

then you can already do

echo $post_id and that will give you the proper post id for all events.

I hope I didn’t explain this too complicated. 🙂

I hope it helps. Let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Marcial
    Participant

Hi Andràs,

i’ll try this solution while your develpoer’s team work about it.

Thanks

Andras
    Keymaster

Let me know how that works out for you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Marcial
    Participant

Hi András,

i’m sorry but it does’nt work…..

If you change in tooltip.php =raw title by =raw permalink, yo can see that are information from diferents posts (title is the correct post title, but permalink is from first event on month).

I’ve copied original tooltip.php from wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month to my theme’s directory (wp-content/themes/Avada_AulaCulinaria/tribe-events/month) and i’ve changed “title” for “permalink” in line 14.

you can see the results in http://aulaculinaria.cxphosting.com/cursos/2018-10/

Best regards.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

Hmmm… I just did a test and it worked.

I took the tooltip.php file and added the raw permalink after the title like this.

<h3 class="entry-title summary">[[=raw title]] - [[=raw permalink]]<\/h3>

and it shows up properly, like this:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/7xdghaeq7o06akn/shot_180927_130020.jpg

Please double check for typos in the file and folder name, as well as in the code.

Personal tip: when I do a template override, then first I just add an ‘X’ character to the override file to see if the override works. If it does, then I do what I need.

Cheers,
    Andras

Marcial
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Marcial,

Something I notice in your tooltip.php code is the way you are setting up $startTime:

$startTime = tribe_get_start_time(null,'H:i')

Try changing this to:

$startTime = tribe_get_start_time( $post->ID, 'H:i' )

You can’t reply on the global post ID in this situation. That get you any closer?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marcial!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Marcial
    Participant

Thank you for this notice.

I’ve updated plugins in dev site and it’s working ok.

Best regards

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Marcial, thanks for reporting back! We are stoked to hear it works.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: We’d be grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Thanks!

PS2: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would also be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Much appreciated!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar/
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/event-tickets/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Month View: All events have same permalink in tooltip using [[=raw permalink]]’ is closed to new replies.