Month Navigation Links Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Month Navigation Links Not Working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    renegadeartglass
    Participant

I just updated to your new version of EC & ECPro. This has further broken my events calendar. Now, in the month view, the text links that navigate to previous and next months don’t work at all. Clicking on them just leaves the display showing January. An oddity about this is that the proper url for the next or previous month is shown in the browser’s navigation bar, but your plugin doesn’t seem to successfully navigate there.

I see this same behavior in Chrome and IE. Deactivating all plugins doesn’t change it. I do see a difference with the 2011 Theme – the links work. However, with my theme (Dandelion) and your previous version, these links worked fine, and in fact are essential to the calendar’s usefulness.

You may note from my previous ticket that I had a problem (which has never been solved) with the month view calendar ever since your last major change. I was hoping that this version might fix my previous issue, but I won’t be able to tell until this is fixed.

I am afraid I’m going to get the same stonewalling approach from last time – the theme vendor and you each saying it’s the other’s fault. Please tell me how I can help avoid that.

I can not change themes without a huge amount of work, and I really need your events calendar to work properly. This new bug means that it is almost completely useless to my customers who are on it several times each day.

Please help!

Andy

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Andy. I’m sorry to hear that the update is causing you more issues. That sounds really frustrating.

There is a possibility that a hotfix which we will be releasing for 3.4 (probably launched on Monday) will resolve the issue you’re seeing. Once it comes out, would you mind installing the hotfix , and then flushing your permalinks (by going to Permalinks settings and clicking “save”) after activating TEC?

For us to be able to help you out, we really need a copy of your theme. (The theme developer has it much easier because our plugin is freely available in the WP Repo.) Would you mind sharing a link to it in a dropbox or something, in a private reply? If you can give us that and confirm that the hotfix doesn’t resolve your issue, we’ll see what we can do to figure out what’s gumming up the works.

Again, sorry you’re experiencing these issues. Hopefully, we’ll be able to get you back in business early next week!

renegadeartglass
    Participant

This reply is private.

renegadeartglass
    Participant

This reply is private.

renegadeartglass
    Participant

This reply is private.

renegadeartglass
    Participant

This reply is private.

renegadeartglass
    Participant

This reply is private.

renegadeartglass
    Participant

This reply is private.

renegadeartglass
    Participant

I saw that you are short staffed, but I really need assistance with this. My customers can not navigate to future events, so I’m losing credibility if not business. Please let me know where I can send my theme or how else I can help you solve this.

Barry

@renegadeartglass: sorry for the delay – can you upload your .zip of the theme to Dropbox or a similar service (or just your WordPress site) and share a link from there? Thanks!

renegadeartglass
    Participant

This reply is private.

Graeme
    Participant

I am having exactly the same problem, precisely as described by the OP. Can you confirm the latest situation:
    Is this a plugin issue? and if so, is there a (hot)fix coming?
    I have very dissatisfied clients, could you please be so kind to update asap?
    Many thanks.

Barry

@renegadeartglass: thanks for taking the time to share that – please do feel free to remove it (and I’ve removed the link from your post just to be safe).

@Graeme
    : I’m sorry to hear you are also hitting this problem. Please do feel free to monitor this thread, however if the solution turns out not to be applicable in your case/you are using a different theme than the OP it may be best to create a new thread of your own. Thanks!

Barry

Andy: thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

Unfortunately, at this time, we are not going to be able to support Dandelion. Our plugins (reasonably, we feel) expect certain standard conventions to be followed by themes – in this case, WordPress’s body_class() function is not being used to pull in and apply appropriate classes to the document body. You will probably find this will have knock-on effects – some serious, some less so – with a wide range of plugins and certainly with The Events Calendar it results in this fairly notable problem.

The change to resolve this is actually quite easy, you can simply replace the following line in the theme’s header.php template:

<body <?php echo $bodyclass; ?>>

With:

<body <?php body_class(); ?>>

However it would probably be best to ask that the theme author introduces this change (or else you should do it from within a child theme) partly to avoid the fix being wiped upon theme updates, but also because they currently have their own non-standard system of adding body classes and we don’t necessarily want their own classes to be dropped – ideally they would be worked back in using standard WordPress methods.

I appreciate that may read as a fairly technical overview, but the key takeaway is that your theme – in our eyes – does not currently follow best practices and we cannot support it as-is: I hope that gives you enough to implement a workaround or to provide feedback and receive further support from the theme author.

Graeme: again, if you aren’t also using Dandelion I can’t really say if this is indeed the same problem in your case – but please do create a new thread of your own and we can investigate.

Thanks!

Graeme
    Participant

I’m using http://www.yootheme.com/demo/wordpress/shelf. Could you please advise urgently what the situation is and what needs to be done to fix this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Month Navigation Links Not Working’ is closed to new replies.