month layout now shows bullets, as opposed to event title, after upgrade

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO month layout now shows bullets, as opposed to event title, after upgrade

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Randy Dunning
    Participant

I now see bullets as opposed to the event title in the monthly view. I have a child theme of the Churchope theme, but it is also displaying that way with the standard Churchope theme. It does however work with the twenty thirteen theme but the Churchope theme or child theme has not changed since the initial install, so the only thing difference is the calendar upgrade. Not sure what I am missing as to what the conflict and fix is.

Barry

Hi: I’m sorry you’re experiencing difficulties.

It looks like this could be a case where our new responsive design code is misfiring. Can you try the technique described here for disabling responsiveness and see if that helps?

If you wouldn’t mind and can share a copy of your theme (via Dropbox or some similar service – you could post a link here as a private reply) that could be useful to us in avoiding this in the future.

Thanks – and let me know if that helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Randy Dunning
    Participant

What file, and where, do I put the function code? I know how to put a php file in my child theme to override default, but I am unsure where to code exactly goes. I am using the default events template in the plugin settings drop down.

Also, I have a CSS setup and working in my child theme, but I am not sure how to use classes (.tribe-is-responsive and .tribe-mobile).

Barry

Sorry, I should have been clearer there: that code could be added to your theme’s functions.php file. Does that help?

Also, I have a CSS setup and working in my child theme, but I am not sure how to use classes (.tribe-is-responsive and .tribe-mobile).

You shouldn’t need to in order to turn off this behaviour and, again, if you are able to share a copy of your theme that would certainly be helpful in our efforts to avoid this problem in future releases.

Thanks!

Randy Dunning
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks for sharing the theme: we’ll look into that and see if there is anything we might be able to do differently.

When I put the responsive breakpoint code in my themeโ€™s functions.php file, it does not fix the error. The only thing that does work is the kill filter. However, while I get the calendar style back, I lose functionality.

The responsive kill filter is really all I was recommending you use (I should have been a little clearer about that) – but if that by itself is causing you to lose functionality then I’d agree it’s a problem (let me know if that is indeed the case).

Randy Dunning
    Participant

I may not have cleared out my cache, but I tried inserting just the kill filter in the functions.php file and all is working and the layout is back to normal. Thank you so much for your patience and help. Excellent customer service and great turnaround time!

Barry

Happy to help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘month layout now shows bullets, as opposed to event title, after upgrade’ is closed to new replies.