Month and display option not showing in heading

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Month and display option not showing in heading

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tibbettsrl
    Participant

I’m using Event Calendar Pro with Church theme. The Calendar is not displaying the headings above the calendar (Month & display options) in the month view. The only display setting that seems to work properly is the “tribe events styles.” I would also like to to take up the full page but can’t get it to get rid of the right side bar. Any advise would be most helpful! http://www.peacedalechurch.org/events/

Geoff

Hello there, Laura! Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums. 🙂

Sorry for the trouble here–let’s see if we can figure out what’s happening here together.

First off, will you please head over to Events > Settings > Display? Is the “Default Events Template” selected in the “Events template” dropdown? If not, please try selecting that and saving the settings to see if there’s a difference.

It would also be great to know if the same issue pops up when a default WordPress theme (like Twenty Fourteen) is active. Have you tried or are you able to do that?

Let’s start there and see what we find. 🙂

Geoff

tibbettsrl
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi Laura!

Thanks for following up and for the additional info–this helps a lot. 🙂

It sounds like there’s a conflict with your theme here that is preventing the Events page title from displaying properly.

One possible way around it would be to add a snippet like this to your theme’s functions.php file:

add_action( 'tribe_events_before_the_title', 'output_custom_code' );

function output_custom_code() {
    // Check if displaying month view
    if( tribe_is_month() ) {
    echo '<h2>' . tribe_get_events_title() . ' </h2>';
    }
    }

That should add the Page Title just above the calendar grid. Give that a shot and see if it does the trick. If the issue is still there, I think contacting the theme author for some guidance would be the next best route here.

Let me know what you find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey Laura! This thread’s been quit for a couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to start a new thread if you still have questions here and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Month and display option not showing in heading’ is closed to new replies.