Modifying registration link on "community/add" page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Modifying registration link on "community/add" page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andaiye Taylor
    Participant

Greetings,

I have a front-end registration/signin plugin enabled (Users Ultra). I’d like to modify the http://www.brickcitylive.com/newark-events/community/add page so that the username/login fields are pulled in from my new plugin (which provides a shortcode for those fields), and so that the “registration” link redirects to my plugin’s registration page (at http://www.brickcitylive.com/registration/). Issues are:

1. Can’t find this page. Other threads say it’s at wp-content/themes/[theme-name]/tribe-events/community/edit-event.php, but the only two files in that director for me are tribe-events-community.css and tribe-events.community.css. Where can I find this page so I can change the registration link?
    2. Once I find the link, is it possible to use the shortcode from my front-end user plugin to change the username/password fields on this page to the fields my plugin?

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey @A,

While we cannot help with the code-level changes required to make a customization like this, you should indeed be able to customize the Community Events submission form quite extensively.

The edit-event.php file is one you can add to your theme at some point if you want to customize it extensively, but it starts out in the files for the Community Events plugin itself. So instead of the file path you shared in your post, try instead navigating to here:

wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php

In fact, basically any and every Community Events template file you’d need to edit are right there in that src/views/community folder.

The theme-related path you original shared refers to using template overrides for this file, which is highly recommended – you can learn about that in-depth in our Themer’s Guide here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

As for your second question, in general, yes you can call a shortcode via PHP which should help you achieve what you mention trying to do here. For a quick example, if those fields are generated normally by the shorcode [example_fields_login], then in the PHP template overrides for Community Events that you write, you can “hard-code” or program that shortcode into the file by writing PHP that uses the do_shortcode() function, like this:

<?php echo do_shortcode( '[example_fields_login]' ); ?>

This should all help you get started on the customizations you want to make here. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Modifying registration link on "community/add" page’ is closed to new replies.