modifying "HTML after content" location

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO modifying "HTML after content" location

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Dominic.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dominic
    Participant

I would like to know how/where/what function is used to produce “HTML after content”

If possible I would like to

1) move it above the footer
    2) and use a date based if statement so that it appears only on future events

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Dominic!

Thanks for reaching out to us and for using our plugins! 🙂

The function you are referring to is tribe_events_after_html() and you can find it in yoursite/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/default-template.php

I guess you can achieve what you want to do by making a template override or some kind of customization. There is a great article about Customizing Template Files here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Also, there is an extension you should check that will allow you to selectively show the “HTML before / after content” here > https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/display-custom-html-specific-calendar-views/

I hope that helps! Let me know if any other questions.

Best!

Victor

Dominic
    Participant

Thanks Victor,

I finally managed to get it to work. needed to troubleshoot a little. By hiding the HTML using the plugin (so i avoided duplicating the text) that caused my code in the template file “echo tribe_events_after_html();” not to display anything. What I had to do was go into the function itself and copy the code into my template file. leaving out “echo apply_filters( ‘tribe_events_after_html’, $after );”. Now my conditions of sale are displaying under the meta.

I also added a if (! tribe_is_past_event( $post_id ) ) so that the text only displays on upcoming events.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Dominic!

That’s great! Thanks for letting us know about it and for sharing the solution so other users can get a reference on this.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but don’t hesitate to open a new one if anything comes up. We are always happy to help.

Good luck with your project!

Victor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘modifying "HTML after content" location’ is closed to new replies.