Modify the user log in form for comm events when log in is required to post

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Modify the user log in form for comm events when log in is required to post

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Denon
    Participant

Hi,

I am using community events on my calendar. Currently I have it set to require users be logged in to post events.

However, I’m also using a plugin suite to handle my user-registration.

When a site user goes to post a community event and they’re not logged in it brings up a ill-formed user log-in form which has a text link to “register” for the site. (see image)

1) Ideally, I’d like to be able to redirect non-signed in users to a different page on my site that tells people to sign up for an account or sign in rather than the canned user log in/registration option which pulls the native Word Press user handlers. If you’re able to assist with pointing unregistered users to a different page to register, that would be great.

2) If that’s not possible, I’d like to be able to be able to know where this login/registration page is so I can change the link for where the “register” link points to. I do not want my users using the Word Press user registration form. If I can know the location of the file that’s pulling this page I can modify the link to register.

Thank you in advance.

Cliff

Hi Denon.

Thanks for your detailed question.

I looked into the code and Line 1648 of Community Events version 4.2.5 is where the plugin’s login form code is. It just uses wp_login_form() and doesn’t have a setting for using your own login page.

And the “Register” link uses wp_register(), which does have the register filter available to it to customize where that link goes.

I hope this helps.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

George
    Participant

Hello! The maintenance release we shipped today includes some additional hooks which should make customization easier.

Learn more here: https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-29th-may-2017/

Cheers!
    George

Cliff

Denon,

Here’s the snippet you may be looking for…

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/c78a2ca22a6f231abb5754540a5f86f4

If you need help with anything regarding this or another question, please open a new support thread.

Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Modify the user log in form for comm events when log in is required to post’ is closed to new replies.