Modify or Remove Country/State Dropdown

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Modify or Remove Country/State Dropdown

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    spectrom
    Participant

Hi,
    Is it possible to modify or delete the Country and State dropdown selectors in the Location details of the Submit an Event for in Community Events plugin for a local business calendar?
    Thanks

Casey
    Participant

Spectrom,
    Can you clarify your question? Do you want to remove all of the Venue information options, or just the Country & State? Thanks!

spectrom
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    My preferred solution would be to just remove the country and state dropdowns altogether (or have it set to Australia with a default to the State of Queensland). The calendar is to be used to promote local business events and workshops – i.e. all within the local area within the state of Queensland. I would still need the venue information for visitors to know where the event is and to show the location on Google maps.
    Thanks
    Allan

Casey
    Participant

Allan,
    I think defaulting the values would probably be the cleanest solution. Please perform a template override and then place this script block right above the FORM tag in your event-form.php file: http://pastebin.com/QNAeZUJ5

Let me know if that does the trick!

ggoryo
    Participant

Hi,
    I have the same issue, as well. My events are limited within Australia.
    When someone tries to submit an event, I’d like the dropdown STATE list to be limited to Australian States and not U.S. States.
    Is there a way to modify the dropdown list?

spectrom
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    Values are now defaulting to Australia and Queensland. That should do for now.
    Thanks
    Allan

Casey
    Participant

Great! Glad that got your sorted Allan.

Ggoryo – try the code I gave to Allan and see if that works for you. Let me know if you have further issues. Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Modify or Remove Country/State Dropdown’ is closed to new replies.