Mobile Ready (iPhone) – Event Calendar Pro?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Mobile Ready (iPhone) – Event Calendar Pro?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    flguy
    Participant

Are there plans to make the event calendar pro mobile compatible? Right now when I insert into a responsive WordPress theme, the calendar looks great on iPad but horrible on iPhone. What are your development plans or can you tell me how to edit so the calendar view can be used on a mobile phone.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi figuy,

We are working towards an ever more responsive plugin but I have no official ETA when it will actually be fully responsive. You can customize all the CSS and add your own breakpoints to get it looking the way you want though. The skies the limit. Good luck!

– Jonah

Jeffrey Haynes
    Participant

I echo this. We are very much in need of a mobile version. I hope you add this to your task list soon!

flguy
    Participant

That is great for future plans but for us non-techie guys can you throw us a bone and give us a little code on how we would as you say: “You can customize all the CSS and add your own breakpoints to get it looking the way you want though. The skies the limit.” Just a little support I am not asking for 50 lines of code….. Pretty Please? 🙂

Andy Fragen

I’m going to look into some CSS for this. Patience and I’ll post something, hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi guys,

My suggestion would be to read up on responsive web design. There’s tons out there on the subject. Here’s one example: http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/beginners-guide-to-responsive-web-design

There’s really way too much to go into to provide much guideline here. A good start would be this though: http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/media-queries-for-standard-devices/

You can use those media queries in your CSS to apply specific styling at each of those breakpoints (resolutions).

Maybe Andy can provide a little more here but aside from that you’re on your own. Sorry I can’t offer up more.

– Jonah

Andy Fragen

Thanks Jonah. I’ve already got a media query that works for iPhones and iPads. I was planning on using it. 😉 I’ll probably have to make some tweaks for iPhone 5 but I have to get my hands on one first.

Andy Fragen

OK, I was playing around a bit. Here’s something that seems to work for me and what I mean by this is the whole calendar is visible and days are all about same size. Small, but consistent. If this isn’t what people are thinking of please let me know.

https://gist.github.com/3762892

You can see how it looks at http://drfragen.info/events/month

Leah

Thanks Andy!

Andy Fragen

No problem Leah. I’ll fix it a bit to make sure it works with iPhone 5 soon.

I’d really like to know if this solves anyone’s issues with TEC on an iPhone. Though the CSS isn’t technically iOS specific. It should work on any phone. I’d like to make parts more specific to TEC, especially that ‘body’ tag but given the variety of customization people out there have I’d be thrilled if it doesn’t mess up any other styling. 😉

flguy
    Participant

Andy thank you so very much! Where do I place the code?

Andy Fragen

@flguy, you will need to create the folder structure as described in the Themer’s Guide. It will look something like the `/wp-content/themes/my-theme/events/events.css`. You will have to create both the `events` directory and a file inside this directory named `events.css`

You will also need to either copy all the existing CSS from the core events.css file into the new events.css file or you will need to download `The Events Calendar User CSS` plugin from the WordPress repo and activate it.

Let me know how this works.

Andy Fragen

Just an FYI. I updated some of the CSS to rearrange the calendar buttons and truncate very wide event descriptions. It’s at the gist as above.

Additionally, I had a chance to view the changes on an iPhone 5 and it still looks similar, at least to me. 😉

Andy Fragen

I had to roll back the truncate part as it messed with the popup.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Mobile Ready (iPhone) – Event Calendar Pro?’ is closed to new replies.