mobile calendar view not showing posts

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO mobile calendar view not showing posts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    designagency
    Participant

hey there–
    having an issue with the month view on mobile screens. i see the dot that indicates an event is/has taking place, however when i click it no listing appears. any ideas what’s up?

site: http://ath.design-agency.org/calendar/2015-11/
    site password: wonderwoman

thanks,
    emily

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Emily,

Thanks for sharing all of the details. I was expecting to see a javascript error on your pages, but surprisingly found none. After some investigation I think this is the best way to proceed. We should test if a “conflict” is happening, and if so narrow it down so we can find a fix for it. This guide walks you through how to test for a conflict, and then identify what is conflicting.

Does that all make sense? What’s the result?

Cheers!

– Brook

designagency
    Participant

hi brook–

i’ve tested a bunch of things and am wondering if this is happening because im using genesis? once i switched to the twentythirteen theme, the events popped up on mobile screens (there was no plugin issue, nor any conflicts from my functions.php file.)

i’ve used dynamik and genesis to build the site, and sure enough the problem persists when i switch them back on. any idea how i can correct the issue?

thanks,
    emily

Brook
    Participant

That’s good to know. When I am in similar shoes to yours my first step is always trying to isolate the problem, then we can try to find a way to correct.

We have built up compatibility with the Genesis framework, but it is possible that things built atop of Genesis like Dynamik might not be compatible. I am not super familiar with Dynamik. I wonder if you could generate a basic Dynamik child theme, the most basic possible, and test to see if the issue persists. If so then this is almost definitely a problem between The Events Calendar and Dynamik. From here, if the CobaltApps team is willing we could work with them and see if we could find and fix the compatibility together. Unfortunately two teams working together is inherently a lengthy process, but eventually one or both of us can release a new version that adds compatibility.

If the basic Dynamik theme doesn’t suffer from the same issue, try adding your customizations one at a time until the issue resurfaces. Once we’ve narrowed it down, we can probably find a fix.

Does that sound like a good plan? If so, what’s the result?

• Brook
    designagency
    Participant

hrm… i think its a genesis thing, not a dynamik thing. the same issue is happening when genesis is the active theme. all that said, im thinking of simply disabling the month view option from the tribe bar on smaller screens. what’s the best way to go about this?

many thanks,
    emily

Brook
    Participant

Interesting that you are seeing this on an unmodified Genesis theme as well. Let me dive into this and see if I can reproduce it. I will report back tomorrow.

• Brook
    Brook
    Participant

Oops! I failed to get back to you before the Christmas break. 🙁 Turns out I do not have access to the Genesis theme. I contacted one of my colleagues who does, and when he provides a copy of it I will continue testing and report back.

• Brook
    designagency
    Participant

hay brook–

i’ve decided to nix the month view on mobile altogether, so there is no longer an issue! thanks for the follow up, i really appreciate it.

emily

Brook
    Participant

You’re very welcome Emily! I appreciate your patience over the holiday. I am happy you found a solution you’re happy with. But I was able to confirm this as a bug. It is something we will be fixing, and when we do we’ll make sure to credit you for finding it.

Cheers!

– Brook

Samuel
    Participant

Hey Brook,

I have the same problem in my month view:
    http://www.cgweitefeld.de/events/monat/

The website is based on the Visual Composer.

Can you help me?

Greetings,
    Sam

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Sam,

At the moment we do not have a solution. I tried to find the cause and thus hopefully a fix, but this is proving elusive. At this point it will be up to the developer who is assigned this bug to find a fix for it, and when they do that fix will be released in a future version of our plugin.

Understandably the undetermined time frame their might not suit your goals. It is quite likely that it was a recent version of Genesis or our plugin that introduced this. If you try an older version of one or both you will likely see this go away. From there it’s just a waiting game until this conflict is patched.

I wish I had some better options for ya. 🙁 Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

– Brook

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Emily,

I believe I found the issue and this snippet added to your child theme’s functions.php will fix the issue.

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/0a4af5a83500f82af6ac

This resolved the issue on my test site, let me know if that does it for you.

Thanks

Samuel
    Participant

Hey Brian,

I added the snippet in my child-theme functions.php, but I didn’t fix the issue.

http://www.cgweitefeld.de/events/monat/

See Screenshot:
    http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160109/d7iln3rc.png

Greetings,
    Sam

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Samuel.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Samuel.
    Brook
    Participant

Howdy Sam,

Near as I can tell that is not the Genesis theme you are running. The licenses is different and there is no mention of Genesis in your main CSS file. The issue is definitely similar, but the cause looks to be different. Would you mind opening a new topic so we can better help you with this? The solution might be similar to Brians, in which a missing CSS class is causing the JS to not run on the target element. In the new topic could share a copy of your system information, and let us know whether or not you created the theme? If it’s a public theme could you share a link to it so we can inspect the PHP files?

Cheers!

– Brook

Dillon
    Participant

Brian,

I had the same issue and your code fixed the issue. Thank you!

http://beyondthesights.us/events/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘mobile calendar view not showing posts’ is closed to new replies.