Missing strings in po-file

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Missing strings in po-file

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Marcus Stenberg
    Participant

Hi. Just download new language file: Plugins /The Events Calendar: Community Events/tribe-events-community-sv_SE.po but some strings are not there so I cannot translate them, where are they?

I can translate everything else but not the things that are hihghlighted in red in the uploaded image.

In my po file there are 210 strings, is something wrong with the file?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Marcus,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue. Let me try to help you with this.

Try to update the .po file based on the .pot file. If you are using Poedit to do the translations, then open the .po file, go to Catalog > Update from POT file… and choose the .pot file of the appropriate plugin. That should update the string set and you should be able to translate them.

After translation, don’t forget to upload them to the server. 😉 (I usually forget and am surprised why it’s not working. :chuckle: )

Let me know if that fixes it for you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    thanks for answer.
    Now I have just gone forward. But indeed, all strings are not offered yet to translation:
    Translating “Choose image” is possible, but for example “Schedule multiple events” not (see screenshot below)

Cheers
    Hans-Gerd

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Hans-Gerd.
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Hans-Gerd and thanks for chiming in!

Some of those strings are coming from other plugins, not Community Events.

“Start/End:” and “All Day Event” are in wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\lang\the-events-calendar-de_DE.po

“Event Series” and “Schedule Multiple Events” are in wp-content\plugins\events-calendar-pro\lang\tribe-events-calendar-pro-de_DE.po

Please also do not forget to update these file from the respective .pot files first.

Also, I had trouble getting the “All Day Event” translated. If any of you could confirm that back to me that would be much appreciated.

Let me know how the others work out.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

In the previous post I was referring to the German translation files. Obviously, use the appropriate ones based on your needs.

A.

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    many, many thanks for this interesting information. 🙂

I will now translate the missing strings using the pot file. After testing and if you want, I would make available the ready translated files in my owncloud with pleasure.

All Day Event: Ganztägige Veranstaltung (german)

Best regards
    Hans-Gerd

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo Hans-Gerd

Gern geschehen. 😉

It would be awesome if you could share your translations. Even better would be if you would upload it into our system. Then we will quickly review and approve it so it can make it to the next release.

Here are 2 articles on handling translations.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/translating-the-events-calendar/

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/adding-or-updating-a-translation/

And let me know if any of the strings don’t get translated.

Danke und Grüsse

Andras

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    danke für die Antwort 😉 and thank you for advice.

[hey, you are speaking german ;-)]

Sorry, but I’m confused:
    I have read the articles before.

When searching in http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects/tribe-events-calendar-pro/ for “Schedule” I didn’t find the string.

Searching “Schedule” in local tribe-events-calendar-pro-de_DE.po after updating this file from the respective .pot file “Schedule multiple events” will be found and I’m able to translate.

So it is possible to translate my local file and after uploading this file the named strings are translated.

But I’m not able to translate the strings (for example “Schedule multiple events”) in http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects/tribe-events-calendar-pro/ because they are missing (I didn’t find them).

Something else is strange: I have found string “All Day Event” with correct translation in the-events-calendar-de_DE.po, but it is not translated on the web page (see screenshot). No Caching-problem.

Kind regards
    Hans-Gerd

Andras
    Keymaster

Na ja, ich spreche ein bischen Deutsch. 🙂 Aber English fällt mir ein bischen einfacher, besonders wenn ich Support leiste, weil manche ausdrücke in Deutsch weiss ich (noch nicht). Und es hilft auch wenn ich Hilfe von Kollegen brauche, weil ich der einzige in der Support Team bin der Deutsch spricht.

Thanks for sharing all that and I apologize for the glitches.

I had a discussion with some team members and it looks like that the translations on the translation site didn’t get properly updated, that is why you cannot find “Schedule multiple events”. This should be fixed with our next maintenance release later this  month.

The “All Day Event” string is a small bug. I already ticketed it, it’s a super easy fix, so should come soon. In case you want to try it on your own then this is what you need to do:

1. Open this file: wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar-community-events\src\views\community\modules\datepickers.php

2. Change line 150 from this

<?php esc_html_e( 'All Day Event', 'tribe-community-events' ); ?>

to this

<?php esc_html_e( 'All Day Event', 'the-events-calendar' ); ?>

And that should already solve it.

MfG

Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

@Marcus, just wanted to check if you need any help. You doing OK?

Andras

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    ich antworte jetzt lieber in Englisch, auch wenn ich nicht besonders gut Englisch schreibe 🙂

Many thanks for your answer and advice.

I think I will wait for next maintenance release, because there are further issues in this version of TEC.
    But I will test the changes in my dev environment.

Thank you and best regards

Hans-Gerd

Andras
    Keymaster

Alrighty, thanks for letting me know.

In case you bump into anything else that you need help with, then please open a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

Marcus Stenberg
    Participant

Hi, thanks for helping out. I didn’t understand until now that the translations are spread out like that. Solved now. Have a nice day!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Marcus,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Happy that things are more clear now.

I!m going to close this ticket, but if you have any other questions or bump into any issues, please open a new one and we’ll be happy to help out.

Cheers,

Andras

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing strings in po-file’ is closed to new replies.