Missing map on Event Detail page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Missing map on Event Detail page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dotdash
    Participant

Hello there,

Any idea why the mini map is missing from the following event detail page? It’s the same venue for all events.

http://anthropoid.co.uk/ruared/event/wall-of-death-performances

The address is being picked up correctly by the function that creates the link to Google map, just not the mini map itself.

I have ticked Show Google Map in the venue editor.

Cheers,

Spencer

Geoff

Hey there, Spencer! Welcome back and nice to to see you again and sorry this issue with the map is coming up.

I checked the site out (thanks for the link!) and noticed that the following error comes up in the console when I inspect element:

You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.

Is it possible that your theme is calling the Google Map API a second time here? If so, it’s a good idea to dequeue it from any events pages since The Events Calendar calls it already. Calling it multiple times can definitely create a conflict like this. 🙂

Are you able to give that a try? Please let me know what you find.

Cheers!
    Geoff

dotdash
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hey there, Spencer! Thanks for following up. 🙂

Yeah, the core version of The Events Calendar is the only plugin of outs that calls the API. Is it possible your theme uses it in some way? It looks like the error is coming from a file called main.js so that might provide a clue.

I also wonder if the site is cached in some way that would prevent the update from loading? That might be worth checking as well.

Cheers!
    Geoff

dotdash
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

I’m afraid livereload.js is not from us.

Do you see the same issue and errors when switching to a default WordPress theme (e.g. Twenty Fourteen)? How about when using a default theme and deactivating other plugins at the same time?

Geoff

Geoff

Hey Spencer! It’s been a couple of of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. Please feel free to start a new thread if you still have questions here and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Geoff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing map on Event Detail page’ is closed to new replies.