Missing events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Missing events

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas
    Participant

Hello!

My client is using the Events calendar pro on kingswaychurch.tv. They recently added a number of events and upon returning later in the week found that many of them were missing from the events listings in wordpress. How should we troubleshoot such a thing?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Nicholas!

I’d love to help you with that. That is intriguing. It is unheard of for event to disappear on their own. However, there are some possibilities that could perhaps cause this to happen unintentionally:

1. Your server administrator or host had to restore a backup of the server from before the events were created.
    2. Someone deleted the events, perhaps a malicious party who has gained access to one of your administrator’s accounts.
    3. The events are simply hidden. Have you checked your drafts folder, the trash, pending review? Since WordPress hides those from the default view, if an event has a status like Pending Review it can simply be hard to find.

Do any of those sound like the problem?

Cheers!

– Brook

Nicholas
    Participant

Hello Brook!
    Thanks for the tips. I’ve been corresponding with the client who is using this plugin. We wanted to take a look at your suggestions and see if we noticed any other patterns when adding recuring events. This is their response:

As of June 5 everything was still there.

As of June 12 everything was there EXCEPT Saturday night prayer meetings. They all disappeared.

As of today, June 17, the items that have disappeared are:

1. Redemption LG on Thursday nights
    2. Prayer Meetings on Saturday nights
    3. Three identical services on Sunday mornings

The only pattern I can perhaps see is that the above three items are repetitive beyond a month or beyond four times, and so something tells the server to delete them all? But why just the prayer meetings would have disappeared at first but not the Redemption LG or Sunday services is beyond me.
    REVO Summer Serve is repetitive up to 4 times total, GT is repetitive a couple times, as well as 2nd Saturday. Everything else is a single entry.

I would really appreciate any help.

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for detailing those findings. You are on to an interesting line of thought.

Would you mind grabbing your system information and pasting it here? Make sure to use the ‘Set as private reply’ checkbox to protect your private information from the public. You can find the system info by going to WP Admin > Events > Settings, clicking on the “Help” tab, and scrolling down to the ‘System Information’ box. (Or by going to [yoursite]/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=help)

That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem. Specifically I am interested in recurrenceMaxMonthsBefore and recurrenceMaxMonthsAfter. Those settings limit how distant in the future and past to have recurring events show up. If they are set really low, perhaps our plugin is accidentally cleaning them up. They default to 24, so recurrences up to 24 months in the future are allowed.

Thanks again Nicholas, for the detail diagnostic information you already provided. Very helpful.

Cheers!

– Brook

Nicholas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nicholas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing events’ is closed to new replies.