Missing events in sitemap, 404 error in GWT, 500 error importing facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Missing events in sitemap, 404 error in GWT, 500 error importing facebook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jakub
    Participant

Hello guys,

I am here again with three new questions:

1. I am trying set up my site map to have good feed for google and etc. While I am trying it, using XML & Google News Sitemaps plugin, there is something I can not figure out. Even if i have about 1000+ events in database (future and older), the sitemap.xml show me just about 470, when I add some this number changes, but next day it is the same. My question is why? And what can I do or which better plug in to use, to have all off them even if they are old? Is there a chance it follow my no.2 question?

2. I have started using the google webmaster tool, since I am using it, the bug report shows me every day 404 errors – there was a problem to open the page…At the end of the week I am counting like 400 errors…
    My question is, why it is happaning and what can I do against? Is that related to the problem with site map? When I go closer to the error, it shows me something like googlbot could not go through the address http://www.potkavejmese.cz/udalost/5-ples-sportovcu-2/feed/ – when I remove the last part of the link /feed/ everything is ok, why is that?

3. I am using your best plugin ever for facebook, but, when I open the import link after few moments it goes down with 500 error. Yes, there is huge amount of sources (pages) is it because of that? Is that because of time out? What can I do?

Thank you so much!!!

Barry

Hi Jakub,

Thanks for getting in touch ๐Ÿ™‚

The first thing I need to highlight is that we try hard to stick to one issue per topic, so let’s concentrate on the first issue here and if you need assistance with points 2 and 3 please do post new topics and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Even if i have about 1000+ events in database (future and older), the sitemap.xml show me just about 470, when I add some this number changes, but next day it is the same.

Can you confirm that this is the plugin you are referring to – https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-news-sitemap-generator/ – and are you aware it is fairly old and boasts a warning at the top of the plugin page?

This plugin hasn’t been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.

That may indicate that the time has come to move on to a currently supported plugin, unless you are happy with the way it works/there is a compelling reason to stick with it.

I also see it states it only includes posts from the last 2 days – might that be relevant here in relation to the behaviour you have described?

What do you think?

Jakub
    Participant

Hi Barry,

thank you for the recommendation.

The actual sitemap plug in is this – https://wordpress.org/plugins/xml-sitemap-feed/changelog/, seems updated to me. The question is…is there in The events Calendar any mechanism, that hide older events, so they are not in the site map anymore and number of links in the sitemap.xml goes down as time goes? Or is it wrong sitemap plugin and you prefer any better?

Thank you so much.

Jakub

Barry

I don’t have any particular recommendations to make in terms of sitemap plugins (and, strangely enough, the one I thought you ewre referring to was simply the first I found when I searched the wordpress.org directory using the plugin title you provided).

The question isโ€ฆis there in The events Calendar any mechanism, that hide older events, so they are not in the site map anymore and number of links in the sitemap.xml goes down as time goes?

Nothing exists for this specific purpose but, of course, every event is also linked to a set of dates. Suppose the plugin you are using has a hook that lets you decide whether or not a particular post should be included in the sitemap then, in the case of events, you could easily use tribe_get_end_date() to determine if it should be included or not.

With that said, I have no idea if the plugin you are using has the hooks that would be needed for this and it’s very much customization/custom integration territory so we’d really need to leave this one in your hands.

Even so, if you have any more specific questions (such as you need help writing code to figure out how old an event is), please just let us know!

Jakub
    Participant

Thank you Barry it seems, it was because of the wrong plug-in.

Jakub

Barry

Ah, ok.

In that case I’ll go ahead and close out this topic. If we can help with anything else, though, then as always please don’t hesitate to post a new topic and one of the team will be only too happy to assist ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing events in sitemap, 404 error in GWT, 500 error importing facebook’ is closed to new replies.