Missing Events in grid view and mini calendar widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Missing Events in grid view and mini calendar widget

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    snorton
    Participant

I believe I’ve seen this topic covered in one form or another by others but am having difficulties searching this forum for results. With that said, I apologize if I am a bit lengthy in description:

I’ve got an issue with events not appearing in month view and/or mini calendar widget. After it was first reported to me I managed to reproduce it on the first try. If you’ll visit my website (www.texoma.cog.tx.us) there is a single event on the mini calendar widget I have displayed on the homepage called Fannin Partners in Education. Navigating to March (AJAX function may be the problem here), there is a recurring event scheduled on March 19 that is not displayed (LINK to this particular recurring event’s “all” view). When I switch back to February on the mini calendar then the first event I referenced is now missing. Note: I assume it may be an AJAX issue as I mentioned earlier as this event is still displayed on the “static” list widget in the footer of the website.

This same scenario applies when viewing the entire calendar in list view and navigating between months and/or previous events.

An interesting observation is that this problem does not occur when I am logged in to the dashboard.

As indicated, I’ve reverted to WP’s twenty eleven theme to check for potential conflicts. I’ll gladly provide any additional details that I can to help determine the potential root of this issue.
    <hr />
    EDIT: I completely deleted the recurring event linked above (Caregiver Alzheimer’s Support Group) and added a new one to see if there might be an issue with that particular entry and I’m experiencing the same result. I looked also for correlation between this issue and recurring/non-recurring events and there’s no consistency.

Edit 2: It’s a plugin conflict. I should have checked this before. User Access Manager.

Barry

I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit difficulties here, but thanks for updating with your findings.

Did this turn out to be a ‘natural’ consequence of using that plugin (ie was it inhibiting access in line with some or other setting) or do you think there is a broader conflict/are unsure why it happened?

snorton
    Participant

It was definitely a broader conflict. I’ve historically used both plugins in conjunction with each other but made some significant changes to the use of each plugin recently. Perhaps the issue always existed and I never noticed since, again, when logged in the problem doesn’t exist.

The plugin developer has been unresponsive on wordpress.org’s forums and it appears as though there are several folks experiencing a variety of issues with it. User Access Manager allows an admin (or similar role) to assign groups to certain post_types and restrict access to other post_types (in my organization it’s best to allow specific managers to edit ONLY their pages. I don’t have the time to create a custom plugin for this type of management so I’ve relied on UAM).

I spent some time trying to recreate the problem and haven’t been successful, so I cannot pinpoint exactly where the issue originates.

I’ve simply disabled the plugin until I can develop an alternative solution to our workflow.

So while my issue is not technically resolved, I understand it goes beyond the scope of which you guys are able to provide assistance.
    Thanks, Barry.

Leah

Thanks snorton, we really appreciate that you understand our scope of support.

Best,
    Leah (and the rest of the team)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing Events in grid view and mini calendar widget’ is closed to new replies.