MIssing entry "Events" in WP admin panel

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO MIssing entry "Events" in WP admin panel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    myriam
    Participant

hi,
    I cannot find anymore the “events” entry in the WP admin panel. The plugin is active, I can see the settings page of Calendar Pro, the calendar is working fine, I can edit the events from the “public” calendar view.
    Does anyone have an idea how to restore this entry?
    Thanks.

Rob

Hey Myriam. Thanks for the note here; sorry to hear that you’ve been having issues. Just so I understand the issue correctly: you’re saying you have The Events Calendar 2.0.4 AND Events Calendar PRO 2.0.4 active? The version numbers should be consistent so running 2.0.3 for one and 2.0.4 for the other won’t work.

If that’s not the issue, any chance you could post a screenshot of what you’re seeing on the backend with the plugins active? This is the first I’ve heard of your issue but want to do what I can to help get it resolved.

myriam
    Participant

Hi,
    I sent you an email yesterday with the screenshots.

Thanks.

Rob

Thanks Myriam. Received last night. I have asked our dev Jonah to take a look as per my response.

In the interim, can you please confirm whether you’ve tested whether the issue persists if you deactivate all other plugins (so just The Events Calendar + Events Calendar PRO are active)? If we could identify whether this is a conflict it’d be great.

myriam
    Participant

Hi Rob,

Actually, I found the issue, thanks to your advice.

I have a plugin (wordpress download manager http://www.wpdownloadmanager.com/) that uses the same entry as calendar pro. If wp dl manager is disabled, the events entry is visible, if the dl manager plugin is enabled, the events entry is replaced by the dl manager one.

Thanks for your help!
    Myriam

Rob

Excellent. Thanks Myriam!

myriam
    Participant

hi again,

I need a bit of help here. The wpdownloadermanager plugin is encoded and I cannot modify the source code. The developer says that the problem is not in his plugin..whatever, as I need the issue to be resolved; could you please point me to the file/code that registers the admin menus, within Events Calendar plugin?

I’m a developper, but not that familiar with wp plugin development.
    Thanks!

Rob

Hey Myriam. Thanks for the follow-up. I’m not sure what the file that registers the admin menus is, but our dev Jonah may know. I’ve asked him to comment directly with any thoughts he may have when he hits the forums next this morning. Stay tuned and please let me know if I can do anything more in the interim.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Myriam, I believe what you’re looking for is in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/the-events-calendar.class.php on line 25. Keep in mind though that any changes you make to this file will be lost the next you update and you’ll need to make the edit again.

myriam
    Participant

Hi Jonah,

That did it! Thanks!

I’m fully aware about the changes..merging tools are my friends 😉

Have a nice day!

Rob

Excellent to hear that did the trick, Myriam. Please let us know if we can do anything else down the road and thanks again for your support.

leviticus
    Participant

I’m having the same conflict with the wpdownloadermanager plugin. Since I can get to the calendar admin via a direct link , would it be possible create a menu button in my functions.php to make the appropriate pages to the calendar admin area so the core files wouldn’t be edited?
    http://www.wprecipes.com/add-custom-links-to-wordpress-admin-bar

If not, could you walk me through the fix mentioned above?

Rob

Hey Genesis. Thanks for the heads up here; not sure about this myself but let me get Jonah to take a look when he hits the forums today. Stay tuned.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Genesis,

Sure, on line 27 of the-events-calendar.class.php you’ll find:

'menu_position' => 6,

Try changing that to something else (like 7, 8, 9, 10 or 15, etc.) but keep in mind this change will be wiped the next time you update the plugin. You can also change the menu_position param for the wpdownloadermanager or maybe request that they change it so as to not conflict with our plugin.

I hope that helps but let me know if you need anything else with this.

Thanks,
    Jonah

leviticus
    Participant

Thanks so much. That did the trick!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘MIssing entry "Events" in WP admin panel’ is closed to new replies.