Missing "Buy tickets" button in events page on the day of the event

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Missing "Buy tickets" button in events page on the day of the event

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hi there,

during the day of the event, the Buy now button visible in the event details on the events list page is not visible. The tickets for that event are set to be available until 4pm, but the button is missing already from the morning. On the event’s details page, you can purchase tickets, but on the events list page, the button is missing, even though it shows for other events (happening tomorrow or on a later date).

Thank you

Lubo

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Lubo!

I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues with the ticket buttons. I will try to help figure out the problem.

Can you check your WordPress settings to see if the correct time zone is set? This will be in the WordPress admin in Settings > General, in the “Time Zone” field.

Thanks,
    Sky

evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hi Sky,

thanks for your reply. What do you mean by “correct setting”? The time is set to “Bratislava”, which is the correct time zone for Slovakia.

Thank you.

Lubo

Sky
    Keymaster

Lubo,

Thanks for checking the global time zone setting. I just wanted to make sure you had the timezone set to your local time.

Please navigate in your dashboard to Events > Settings > “General” tab. In the “Timezone Settings,” if there is a button that says “Update Timezone Settings,” please click this button. It should update and then there will be a dropdown for selecting one of two timezone modes. If there is no button, make sure “Use sitewide timezone everywhere” is selected.

Let me know how this was setup, and if changing it makes any difference.

Thanks,
    Sky

evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hi Sky,

there was no update button, but I changed the setting from “Use local time zones for each event” to “Use the sitewide timezone everywhere”. Now, we just have to wait for the day of the first event coming. I will update you afterwards.

Thanks for now.

Lubo

evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hi Sky,

there was an event happening yesterday on our website, but the Buy tickets button was still missing. Do you have any idea why its still not working?

Thank you.

Sky
    Keymaster

Lubo,

Hmm, sorry that didn’t have any effect. We will have to dig a little deeper.

Can you please provide the following information about your site setup and one of the events that is not working properly:

1) WP timezone (UTC value)
    2) Server timezone
    3) Timezone handling of TEC (Events > Settings > General tab – https://cloudup.com/cJxYQ0ulUVE)
    4) Timezone setting of the specific events (https://cloudup.com/chXmUKvZ1Oj)

Thanks,
    Sky

evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hi Sky,

1. WP Timezone: Bratislava

“Svetový čas (UTC) je 10. februára 2018, 4:36:45. Lokálny čas je 10. februára 2018, 5:36:45.”
    First time is World time, the second time is local time, and the local time is correct.

1. Server timezone:

Europe/Bratislava

1. Timezone handling of TEC:

Use the sitewide timezone everywhere
    Show timezone: NOT checked

1. Timezone setting of the specific event:

See attachment.

Thanks.

Sky
    Keymaster

Lubo,

Thank you for providing that information.

I just realized something. Are you setting the end time for purchasing tickets after the start of the event? If the event starts at 2pm and you are setting the end of sales at 4pm, this may be the problem. Can you set the end time for ticket purchase at least one hour before the event starts and see if that fixes the problem?

Thanks,
    Sky

evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hi Sky,

my client set up end of the sale of the tickets always 2 hours before the begining of the event, so that is not the problem either.

In the past, the time was 0:06 (at night) on the day of the event, and the button was missing already. Even though the end of the sale was set to 5pm and the event started at 7pm.

Just to be clear, the problem is that the button Buy tickets on the events list page is missing. You can still buy tickets when you go to the event’s details page.

Thanks.

Lubo

Sky
    Keymaster

Lubo,

Thanks for your patience on this. I was able to reproduce this on my own install, and believe this may be a bug in the plugin. I will file a bug ticket reporting the issue. When they have tracked down and fixed the issue, someone will report back in this thread. Unfortunately, I cannot say exactly when this will fixed and released.

I appreciate all the information that you were able to provide. Let us know if you have any other issues or questions in the meantime.

Thanks,
    Sky

evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hi Sky,

ok, thank you. I hope you guys can fix it soon 🙂

Have a nice day.

Hi Lubo!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release —> https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-25-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing "Buy tickets" button in events page on the day of the event’ is closed to new replies.