Missing a join somehere

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Missing a join somehere

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

I see hundreds of php warnings in my error logs

[Wed Jan 25 12:25:41.362588 2017] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 13538] [client 127.0.0.1:42996] AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: WordPress database error Unknown column ‘wp_postmeta.meta_value’ in ‘field list’ for query SELECT DISTINCT wp_posts.*, MIN(wp_postmeta.meta_value) as EventStartDate, MIN(tribe_event_end_date.meta_value) as EventEndDate FROM wp_posts LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta as tribe_event_end_date ON ( wp_posts.ID = tribe_event_end_date.post_id AND tribe_event_end_date.meta_key = ‘_EventEndDate’ ) WHERE 1=1 AND wp_posts.post_type = ‘tribe_events’ AND (wp_posts.post_status = ‘publish’ OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘tribe-ea-success’ OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘tribe-ea-failed’ OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘tribe-ea-schedule’ OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘tribe-ea-pending’ OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘tribe-ea-draft’) ORDER BY EventStartDate DESC, wp_posts.post_date DESC LIMIT 0, 1 made by

George
    Participant

Sorry to hear this, Nathan!

I have reported this to a developer on our team and we’re taking a look into this.

1. You mention this error exists in your logs—to your knowledge, does this ONLY appear in your logs? Does it every appear anywhere on the front-end of your site? If so, when? When you do an Event Aggregator import? After an import completes? Et cetera—any detail here would be helpful.

2. Does this seem to affect anything with the actual functionality of Event Aggregator imports on your site? Does anything break or fail to function, in other words? Or does this error just appear in your logs but seemingly doesn’t alter the functionality of anything on your site?

Thank you!
    George

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

1. yeah only in my logs, does not appear in the front end.
    2. Not that I am aware of, but trying to track down issue with a cart problem, probably not realted

George
    Participant

Thanks for this information, Nathan!

I’m not able to see this error myself, so am wondering if you’d be interesting in an additional step here for finding out when this error arises specifically:

1. First, download and install a free plugin called Query Monitor, which you can find here → https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/

2. Activate this plugin on your site—it will add some diagnostic info right to your WordPress admin.

3. Once this activated, click around on your site and try testing out some basic Event Aggregator functions—if there’s an error or warning you should see it listed in the Query Monitor’s UI like shown in the screenshots here → https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/screenshots/

4. If you see the error messages you reported here on any specific Event Aggregator screens, or when doing any specific Event Aggregator functions, let us know!

Thanks,
    George

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

George, I dont see any errors as I traverse the site or register for an event, but my log file keeps on filling up. Any additional thoughts?

George
    Participant

Interesting. I’m not sure why this is arising, but if it’s not causing any issues, that I would encourage you to contact your web host to see if this error message can be ignored in the logs so it doesn’t keep filling up the log files and potentially obscuring other “real” errors.

I mentioned this to a developer on our team and they confirmed that there are queries within Event Aggregator that are not very efficient that we are working on making more efficient, and so these queries could be causing these notices in your error logs, but unfortunately this is not something we’ll be able to fix in our plugins for at least another couple of plugin releases.

Please let me know what you think and if there are any other issues I can try to help with.

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing a join somehere’ is closed to new replies.