Missed the Upgrade

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Missed the Upgrade

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gracebiblechurch
    Participant

Hi, there was a problem with my license key when I tried to upgrade to Events Calendar PRO 3.1, so it wouldn’t install the upgrade. I have rectified my license key issues but now, I am still stuck with Events Calendar Pro 3.0.5. I downloaded 3.1 from my Account Settings, but I don’t know how to overwrite 3.0.5. Do I delete the PRO plugin from my site and then install the new version? Will it affect my Events? I’m scared of losing data.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi gracebiblechurch,

Sorry for the troubles with the license key. If you’re super worried about your data there are a couple of best practices that you can do. FIRST – BACKUP YOUR SITE. And make sure you know how to restore it if it comes to that. You could also install a “maintenance mode” plugin to prevent any changes in the data while you’re resolving the issue. Then deactivate the PRO plugin and rename the PRO plugin folder. Now you can upload the new version from the dashboard and activate it. It should be working at that point, and you’ve got a couple of ways to step backwards if needed.

Can you give that a try and let me know how it goes?

— Julie

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, gracebiblechurch. As it’s been more than a couple of weeks since your last post, I’m going to close this thread. Please feel free to open a new one if you choose to pursue this further.

Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Missed the Upgrade’ is closed to new replies.