Minimum tickets to buy with EDD

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Minimum tickets to buy with EDD

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jon
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using Tickets Plus in combination with EDD, Easy Digital Downloads.
    In Internet Explorer there are no arrow buttons to change the amount of tickets to buy.
    The minimum amount is set to 0, which is causing problems.
    How can I set the minimum to 1

Thnxx

Shelby
    Participant

Hi there Jon,

Great question! I’m happy to give you an answer! 🙂

We actually have a knowledgebase article on this very subject right here, that I think should give you all the information you need to do this.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on this!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Jon
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

Thanks for your answer. I’ve seen that already but it is for Woocommerce and I use Easy Digital Downloads. I’ve tried to figure this out based on this article but unfortunately failed.

Do you have another option?

Best regards,
    Jon

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Jon,

Unfortunately, we don’t have an officially supported solution for this, but I think you may find this plugin or this plugin helpful.

Further assistance with customizing easy digital downloads should be sought from their support system.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance or clarify anything for you!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Jon
    Participant

Hi Shelby
    Thanks for pointing me to the plugins.

I don’t like the idea of another plugin. If that would solve all my problems yes …
    But I only have this problem within EDD with your ad-don.
    Besides that, if someone hit the order button with a zero amount it’s counting one of the available tickets. So no selling but less tickets available.
    The arrow buttons that disappear in Internet Explorer to change the order amount is another problem.

Instead of proving who’s problem this is EDD or Ticket Events, I prefer to look for another solution.

Maybe we will meet again in the future but for now I say goodbye.

Best regards,
    Jon

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Jon,

I’d be happy to try and help you find a new solution. I was under the impression that you specifically wanted to set EDD to a minimum quantity, which is more of an EDD question than a question with our plugins, and I was trying to help anyway, but I can see why it would appear a blame game.

The arrows missing in internet explorer issue seems to be a bug. I can replicate it on my end.  If you’d like, I can converse with my team to see if anyone has a work around. Otherwise, we’d definitely be sad to see you go, but certainly also understand if this bug means our plugin isn’t the right solution for you right now.

Let me know!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Jon
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

Thanks for responding and sorry to be not clear. Of course I prefer to keep using the event calendar; looking for a new plugin is time consuming.

The arrow issue to set the amount to order is a EDD thing. When I disable all plugins except EDD and activate a basic WordPress theme I’ll get the same error. So I think you can’t help me on that. Reading blogs, it seems an old not solved issue.
    The standard ‘0’ amount has to do in one or the other way with The Event Calendar. These are the only products that have that issue.
    It was even getting worth: when someone hit the order button when the amount is still ‘0’ they and up on a empty basket which is good. But from the available tickets one is gone. (Fortunately, this last issue I can’t reproduce. I deactivated your plugins, but for writing this reply I activated them again. That might be the reason or was it your recent update?)

So for the moment a plugin to set the minimum order amount to ‘1’ as a workaround will help. But I don’t like the idea to load new plugin to solve the problem of another one. That’s creating new issues.

So I think, you can’t help me with the arrow amount selectors. But if you can help me with the minimum order amount that would be great.

Best regards,
    Jon

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Jon,

Thanks for clarifying. 🙂 This all makes perfect sense now!

So after a few tries, I found the appropriate file that you can copy and modify to achieve this! 🙂 *virtual high five* (I’m a little pleased with myself right now, so pardon my enthusiasm 😉 )

You’ll want to copy this file from your site’s structure into your child theme

/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/eddtickets/tickets.php

but copy it to this path:

/your-child-theme/tribe-events/eddtickets/tickets.php

Then find this line:

echo '<input type="number" class="edd-input" min="0" ' . $max . ' name="quantity_' . esc_attr( $ticket->ID ) . '" value="0" ' . disabled( $must_login, true, false ) . '/>';

And change it to this:

echo '<input type="number" class="edd-input" min="1" ' . $max . ' name="quantity_' . esc_attr( $ticket->ID ) . '" value="1" ' . disabled( $must_login, true, false ) . '/>';

Please let me know how this goes and if you need any further guidance for this. 🙂

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Jon
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

You get your High Five!

That works for me, so thank you very much for not giving up.

Best regards,
    Jon

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Jon,

You’re very welcome, please hit us up on the forums any time you need some help with our plugins! 🙂

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Minimum tickets to buy with EDD’ is closed to new replies.