mini calendar widget not showing that events are on

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO mini calendar widget not showing that events are on

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Lynden Jones
    Participant

The mini calendar widget is only marking some days and not marking others even though there are events on that day.

Barry

Hi – I’m not sure I see what you mean, the calendar widget seems to be populated correctly. It’s totally possible I’m missing something, perhaps you could point me to a live example of a day containing events that isn’t marked accordingly on the calendar widget?

Thanks!

Lynden Jones
    Participant

http://theatrenow.com.au/av-graphics-tester
    8th April is showing no events, from the 7th – 30th May is showing nothing for example. As you keep clicking through the mini calendar it show days with nothing on.
    Currently there are 9 events listed on the 8th April in the back, the events are not listed as drafts or private. Hide from event listing is not checked.
    My client has been marking the start and finish time as the same because he is not sure of the run time. I thought this might be the reason and it could be breaking something but when changing one of the events to have a 3hr run time it didn’t make it show up on the calendar.

Barry

OK – all the events on 8 April are recurring, unless I’m mistaken, so I wonder if this was actually a bug we just caught and quashed: can you try updating to the latest version of Events Calendar PRO? It looks like you might be one version behind.

Lynden Jones
    Participant

I have upgraded the plugins to the latest version. It still is not updating the mini calendar. The weird thing is when I visit this link – http://theatrenow.com.au/all-events/month/ the mini calendar updates and shows correctly that there are events on every day. But when on any other page the mini calendar does not display correctly.

Barry

OK, do you have caching enabled and can you see if the following standard troubleshooting steps help:

• Please ensure you are using the latest versions of all our plugins – looks like you have already done so
    • Deactivate all other plugins
    • Switch to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Thirteen
    • Does everything now work as expected?

Let us know – this can be a great way to pin down any conflicts or unexpected effects resulting from the operation of other plugins.

Lynden Jones
    Participant

Hi Barry
    I reverted to twenty thirteen and deactivated all the plugins but it still is doing the same thing. I also tested it with twenty twelve and it also doesn’t show events on the certain days.

Barry

I have to say I’m really puzzled.

It looks like the site is still in development and masked from the general public – is that correct? If so could you deactivate all other plugins and revert to Twenty Twelve, as you did before, and set up the widget in the sidebar then post here so we can take a look under those conditions?

Lynden Jones
    Participant

I have deactivated all plugins except yours and changed the theme to twenty twelve.

Barry

Thanks for giving that a try: please do feel free to restore things.

Are you comfortable with the process of backing up your database and if so would you be able to make a complete backup, upload it to a file sharing service like Dropbox and make the URL available to us via a private reply?

Lynden Jones
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thank you – that was helpful and I can now replicate this. Please bear with us a little longer while we look into it further.

Barry

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

This seems to be a bug with the recurring event instances setting: to bear this theory out and confirm if it is indeed the same in your case, can you try deactivating it (you can find it in Events → Settings  General and it’s labelled show only the first instance of each recurring event).

It shouldn’t impact on the calendar widget but clearly can do so and I’ll log this as in need of further attention. If you find that’s not actually the same thing as you are experiencing, though, please let me know.

Thanks!

Lynden Jones
    Participant

I change the selection and it does add event lists on all the days on the mini calendar. This is not a great solution for the site I am working on as it impacts the display of the other pages so I need to leave it unticked.
    I will let my client know it’s a bug and you guys are looking into a solution.

Barry

Definitely – and our apologies for the inconvenience. We’ll do our best to update the thread as soon as a fix is released.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘mini calendar widget not showing that events are on’ is closed to new replies.