Mini Calendar Widget links not working after upgrade to 3.4.1

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Mini Calendar Widget links not working after upgrade to 3.4.1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bernhardprange
    Participant

Hi Berry,
    thanks for your answer here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/mini-calendar-widget-links-not-working-after-upgrade-to-3-4-1-2/
    Somehow I was not able to read your answer after logging in. Please paste here. Thanks.

bernhardprange
    Participant

I finally resolved the problem.
    I used <header>
    instead of <header id=”masthead” class=”site-header” role=”banner”>

…I don’t know so much about JS but why is a SIDEBAR WIDGET dependend on a header tag what was closed before?!?

Barry

I’m sorry you couldn’t read my reply – there’s a problem with the forum we hope to address that should prevent that from happening. Here’s what I had posted:

Please try deactivating all other plugins and reverting to a default, unmodified theme – though I see you indicated you already tried this, there are a number of Javascript errors present which may stem from the fact that jQuery (a Javascript library) has been included twice (and to make matters worse, they are two different versions) which will inevitably cause problems.

If you still hit problems at that point can you share a link at that point so I can see if there is a secondary problem?

It sounds like you’ve solved things, though, which is great (though you may anyway wish to check into the issue with jQuery being enqueued twice).

…I don’t know so much about JS but why is a SIDEBAR WIDGET dependend on a header tag what was closed before?!?

I’d need you to clarify what you mean exactly: please also share any HTML or other code via a service like Pastebin or Gist, as the forum has a habit of stripping out bits of code – making it hard to know what originally was posted.

Thanks!

bernhardprange
    Participant

Hi Barry, thanks for checking back. I deleted the js line. But that wasn’t the problem.
    The header tag code above is what caused it. I originally left the id of the header tag out. As a result the widget wouldn’t work. The original The code above is complete.
    I don’t see the logic of a dependece between the sidebar widget and the header tag – since it is not a parent tag.

Barry

OK, I see what you mean – but, I’m not sure there is any such dependency and wonder if it only appears that there is in your installation because of some other conflict.

For instance, if I have an otherwise clean installation running Twenty Thirteen and edit the header.php template to remove those attributes from the <header> tag, the calendar widget continues to work as expected. Are you able to confirm the same? Might you be able to try the same process and figure out if there is indeed something else at play here by process of elimination?

Thanks!

Barry

Closing this thread as it’s been quite a while – of course if we can help with anything else please do create a new thread. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Mini Calendar Widget links not working after upgrade to 3.4.1’ is closed to new replies.