Mini Calendar Widget – How do you change month to not be abbreviated?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Mini Calendar Widget – How do you change month to not be abbreviated?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Currently the widget abbreviates the month in the “cal-header.” So that it is “Apr 2012.” How do you change it to be “April 2012”?

I can see in the table-mini.php file that it calls:

monthsShort[date(‘M’,$date)

Is there a “monthsLong” variable to call to show the full month instead of the abbreviated one?

Thanks for the help!

Rob

Hey Robert. Thanks for the note here. I believe this is doable, but am not positive…I’ve asked our dev Jonah (more knowledgeable at such issues than myself) to chime in directly when he hits the forums today. Stay tuned.

Henry

Change the ‘M’ to ‘F’

More here
    http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

Robert
    Participant

Henry,

Thanks for the response. For some reason, it did not work. My full code is below:

monthsShort[date(‘F’,$date)]; echo date(‘ Y’,$date); ?>

You can view the site and what the widget does on it here: http://www.lynchvegas.com

The widget is in the footer of the page. Whenever I change it back to ‘M’ it works, but ‘F’ and other formats just delete the month completely like shown.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Henry

Hi Robert,

Try monthsFull

Looking at the-events-calendar.class.php I think this should display the full month name.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Robert, this should do it:

echo date('F',$date); echo date(' Y',$date);

Just get rid of the monthsShort function…

Henry

You could probably just do this:

echo date(‘F Y’,$date);

Rob

Multiple possible solutions for you there, Robert 🙂 Want to give one/each of them a go and let us know if it resolves this issue?

Jeremiah
    Participant

I was looking for this today.
    Jonah’s solution works perfectly.
    Thanks!

Rob

Fantastic to hear it, Jeremiah. Glad to hear this got you sorted. Please do reach out if we can do anything else down the road.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Mini Calendar Widget – How do you change month to not be abbreviated?’ is closed to new replies.