Mini Calendar Widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Mini Calendar Widget

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Hey Guys,
    I am having trouble with my mini calendar widget. None of the links seem to work on the actual mini calendar. They are all just “#” anchor tags that take the user to the top of the page.
    Thanks,
    -Jordan

Casey
    Participant

Jordan,
    Thanks for reaching out! This is due to your theme not respecting the before_widget params in the register_sidebar() declaration. This causes issues with CSS classes not getting added to the widget container, and breaking the AJAX functionality.

We’re looking at the possibility of removing this dependence on the before_widget params in a future version, but in the mean time, you’ll need to reach out to the developer of your theme to get their assistance in adding the appropriate before_widget params to add CSS classes to the widget container.

Hopefully that helps to answer your question, and I’ll make sure to keep you updated if we change this functionality in a future version. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Thanks for the timely response, I will get in contact with my themes developer but I must ask, should the “before_widget” be set to the default? I guess I am confused about how you found this out. Maybe if I could start down the same road as you I can find a resolution.

Casey
    Participant

whirlmagazine,
    Your developer will just need to make sure that he includes the ‘%2$s’ in the ‘class’ declaration in before_widget (screenshot). This is where WordPress automatically adds classes for each widget, and is best practices for theme development. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Thanks for the information, I think I can handle that.
    Take Care,
    -Jordan

Casey
    Participant

Great! Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to update you here. We were not able to fix this issue in time for our upcoming release (3.6). However, it is still very much a priority and we hope to have it corrected in the next maintenance release. We will keep you posted on our progress. Thank you for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to drop in and update you on the status of this issue. We are working on the upcoming 3.7 release and are happy to say that a fix for this issue will be included. Please keep an eye on your Updates and Plugins pages for an update prompt. If you have any trouble or continue to see this issue after updating, please start a new thread and we can assist you from there. Thank you for your patience while we worked on this issue.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Mini Calendar Widget’ is closed to new replies.